360 Total Security - English

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

One would think so, but TS is encumbered with lots of 'junk' that may affect detection response-time? :doubt:

2. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

1: Please define junk in TS
    2: Please elaborate how extra features may afect detection response-time.

3. carbonize

carbonize Registered Member

Av-Comparatives run their tests using the program in it's default setting so not sure if Bitdefender engine would of been running. If they had run the test using a default install of TS then it definitely wouldn't of had neither the Bitdefender nor Avira engines.

4. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

G,

Judging from your defensive posture, it seems that my remarks offended you; if so, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Please note that I placed the word 'junk' in quotes and the word may in italics. However, by 'junk' I was referring to the non-security related Speedup & Cleanup functions, which I (for one) do not want in a security product. Furthermore, imho 360 Total Security is a total misnomer anyway you look at it - any other security suite that has 'Total Security' (or 'Internet Security' for that matter) in its name contains a firewall component as well as antivirus/antimalware components!

Peace,
    Cruise

5. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Cruise- Please note that the Speedup and Cleanup functionality are both on demand only, so neither would in any way interfere with the normal working of the product.

6. GakunGak

Honestly speaking, you'd need to try waaaaay more than that to offend me :) I was just curious, maybe I didn't write it as I should have.

As cruelsister said/wrote, it is on demand only and do not interfere with normal ops. What I tried numerous times though, and so far failed, is to make it on/off install/uninstall switch within main GUI or during install process.
    I was surprised to see BD/AV uninstall button, maybe in time they will put other buttons for those functions.

As for TOTAL and INTERNET SECURITY stuff, you should check out chinese version of their TOTAL and Internet Security stuff :) It would blow your mind to Mars and back!

As for firewall, they have different understanding of it than us, have some "firewallish" tech in place which protect only against malware behaviour, not control in/out.
    I am experimenting Comodo Firewall with Qihoo TS at this time to see how they get along....

7. cruelsister

GG- My suggestion would be to enable the Sandbox and disable the HIPS in CF. The one overriding plus to this combination is that adware/junkware installations (for which Qihoo is mostly oblivious) will be prevented.

And they get along smashingly.

8. GakunGak

I use unchecky for that :)
    I am not interested in HIPS in Comodo [although it may come in handy if infected], but autosandbox thing in Comodo is what I am looking for. And obviously firewall....
    Although Glasswire is nice as well, but as you said, it's gonna be a smashing combination.

Maybe Comodo and Qihoo should team together, although fans from both brands might create an unstable wormhole in the space time continuum and cause grafity shifts on both poles which could result in electromagnetic catastrophe known as..... the appocalypse... I had a name for this....

9. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

How come the 360TS Sandbox doesn't help in that regard? ....just curious.

10. GakunGak

It is not auto sanbox, it is on demand only....

11. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Oh, I now understand - thanks.

12. carbonize

Just stick with Windows firewall which can be damn powerful if used right.

13. GakunGak

I did, even coupled it with Windows Firewall Control... I need something more.... stronger and advanced...

No problem!

14. carbonize

I have limited trust in Comodo and always have had. Like how it switches your computers DNS to use their DNS under the pretense of protection. I personally see it more as a way of them knowing every website you visit.

But then I don't need anything other than Windows Firewall. I am behind a router so incoming is blocked anyway and I'm not in the habit of downloading and running anything I am not sure about.

15. guest

guest Guest

How Comodo is more advance/secure than WFC?

16. cruelsister

Carbonize- It is up to the user to decide if Comodo's DNS is enabled. There is a box to check/uncheck during initial setup.

17. GakunGak

Knowing what sites you visit [in respect of privacy policy] helps AV companies KNOW what sites are malicious. Just ask Kaspersky :shifty:
    It is acutally a good thing. Helps in detection percentage etc....

Easier to create/modify rules, ability to control a program to a granual level, reports, hips/bb/sanbox on access, easy lock down internet access in case of infection to prevent spreading, integration with KillSwitch [this one I assume, it's been months since I used it when I discovered qihoo], just wish it had graphics reporting like Glasswire, but oh well.
    I can't wait for Qihoo to develop application/firewall control, so, I gotta tighten the screws by myself.... :rolleyes:

If that doesn't work out, then I'll couple it with Malwarebytes Premium and Antiexploit Premium [wonder if it collides with HitmanAlert], and probably toss in Private Firewall and just forget all of it even exists... Weekend playtime :isay:

18. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Hi

I just installed 360IS and noticed to my surprise that the sandbox can not run on W8.1 so now i am wondering if the sandbox in 360TS can ?

GakunGak !...do you know ?

19. cruelsister

The sandbox works fine on 8.1, but as it is on-demand only it's value can be questioned.

20. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Hm - how peculiar .

But is not a good sandbox a better protection than an Av while surfing ?

21. anon

anon Registered Member

22. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Even if a Sandbox (or LV app) can contain any malware and eradicate it upon exiting, spyware can run rampant inside the sandbox potentially stealing personal data! For that reason alone, you need a decent anti-malware app running in the sandbox.

23. tgell

tgell Registered Member

24. cruelsister

I suppose I should have expanded on my post- compared to an auto-sandbox I question its value.

Don't get me wrong- Qihoo's sandbox is quite good and would be helpful if you always sandbox the browsers and never, ever run any downloaded file outside of the sandbox (otherwise it is user choice which often is not a good thing). Of course any other infection vectors like removable drives, torrents, etc. won't be under the sandbox umbrella. The Qihoo sandbox is also less efficient as an entire application is contained in the box instead of intrinsic system changes (ie the Comodo sandbox) from the application.

On the plus side Qihoo has pumped a good deal of resources into the AV, up to the point that I seriously question the need for BitDefender being included (never saw the need for Avira!).

Finally, don't know if this has already been posted, but a new build of Beta 6 is out today:

http://www.360totalsecurity.com/version.html

Support for multiple users and non-admins may be of interest to some.

25. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I have it on one computer and the beta seems to be running smoothly. No problem now when using a LUA.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.