360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. questions

questions Registered Member

This question you should be able to ask on a "Support Forum". Unfortunately this is not the case with Qihoo....

2. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Registered Member

Does 360 Internet Security or 360 Total Security work when using a standard (non admin) user account?

3. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Yes, they work nice in SUA only you have to answer Admin popup for its GUI to work.

4. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Registered Member

Okay, thanks, they are unfortunately not an option to install on my children's laptops because I can't always answer the Admin popoup.

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

One need to answer Admin popup only after reboot, not hibernation or sleep. If you don't answer the popup it is just the GUI is not starting (and you can run it later if you need) but all other modules of 360 TS or IS are working and protecting PC without GUI.

6. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I am running Total Security on a XP computer with a LUA and admin account. I do not have any popup. I can log into the LUA and the Total Security icon shows in the system tray and for a test it caught the EICAR test file.

7. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

My bad again, I was tired, now I see my mistake.
    QVMII is cloud AI virus analyst. It monitors program behaviour, tries to learn/understand what it does and what is his intention. If it is destructive, it will make a rule for that malware.
    Think of it as an live virus analyst that never gets tired and can process metric sh*tton of information, that average human brain... cannot...
    Repair engine is for system anomalies, stealth modification and such stuff that is not safe to use and/or does not guarantee general stability of the system.

8. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up on this product!
    I have removed Comodo IS, Trusteer Rapport and installed 360 and Private Firewall and my internet experience is much, much better.
    I realise that Trusteer has had slow-down issues and that by making several changes at once the true cause of my problems has not been properly established - but hey - who cares? Not me :)

9. GakunGak

Just curious, did you make whole Private Firewall folder trusted in Q360, and vice versa? No popups?

10. ginzon

ginzon Registered Member

Anyone could confirm whats the def update count for IS..

11. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Is this product officially abandoned? Are there still AV updates? I haven't been paying much attention for a while but I used to like the product last year when I used it. Any info?

12. Ray 1959

Ray 1959 Registered Member

No it's not abandoned, just had an update to 4.9.0.4902

13. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Ok, great, that's good news. I really like 360 IS. I tried TS but it seemed pretty buggy at the end of the install process when it did it's initial scans. I'll stick with IS soon...

14. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Any news when a new version comes out? i have see the chinese version from 360is looks way better+ have 5 engines and other stuff. Would be nice if we get the same version in englisch.

15. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Which is just a signature update right? The build(4.9) has not been updated since January. Realistically, this has pretty much been abandoned for 360TS, which comes out with a new build about every two weeks.

16. carbonize

carbonize Registered Member

What needs updating about it? It works. TS is a ridiculously complicated creature. In fact products like TS is why companies like Norton lost users years ago and are only just getting them back. We want an anti virus to be just an anti virus. Programs that try to do everythign end up being medicore or poor at it all.

17. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Bug fixes, performance improvements, added languages, etc... The fact that the build is untouched, while a new build of TS comes out constantly, shows me IS has been neglected for the newer product.

18. carbonize

carbonize Registered Member

Actually there is a version 5 of IS it's just not been translated yet. I also believe there is a version 10 if memory serves but I can't remember the link and my chinese is non-existant.

Found the link - http://sd.360.cn/

19. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Going to try this again. Wondering about performance on above specs

20. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Hi

When i use Qihoo360IS together with EMET 5.1 EMET says it detected some mitigation when i try to start IE11 and stops the attempt . With EMET4.1 it is okey though .

Do anyone know what protection i have to inactivate in 5.1 to get it to work ?

21. Morro

Morro Registered Member

I have a question again about the download protection. I have installed Firefox 34.0.5 and 360TS installed the protection extension. Now I can see in the log that when I download something with Firefox that it has been scanned. But even though I have all three option selected under the download protection part of Active protection, I get no message that a file is being scanned and found to be safe? ( Or not. )

22. GakunGak

Please advise are you using Stable or Beta version of Total Security?

23. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

No one ??

24. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Dohhh ... I should have thought about that. :oops:

I am using the stable 360 Total Security version 5.2.0.1085.

25. GakunGak

Sorry, not using EMET, not anymore that is....
    Is there an option to "exclude" qihoo processes from emet, or something, trust list, white list?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.