360 Internet Security: FREE Triple antivirus engine, BitDefender included

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Jun 11, 2013.

1. carbonize

carbonize Registered Member

@GakunGak does not work for Qihoo despite the fact that he makes it sound like he does with every post.

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

So 360IS was discontinued. Hate to say I told you. I was telling some of you months ago the product was essentially dead in the water.

3. carbonize

What are you on about? It's not dead they've just renamed it to Total Security Essential. Same IS we know just slight redesign and now with Avira engine.

4. GakunGak

GakunGak Registered Member

I don't.
    My intention was to have users help and support each other out, and to have a reliable communication with Q360. Since that was established, I can just "retire" :)
    But not before I do something.......... And that will be the secret. I won't tell anyone. Not a living soul.
    If it does happen, it's gonna be crazy, and people will know there was a crazy person behind a crazy idea to make people do crazy stuff.... Crazy, man!

Attached Files:

5. carbonize

Yes you do. When talking about Qihoo you often use words like I, we and us instead of them and they.

6. GakunGak

Which was a smart move. Why? Because!
    Here's why in detail:
    1: 360 IS is different in code/architecture/gui than TS.
    2: Why keep IS alive when program can be upgraded by using existing code from TS [basically remove all the extra stuff].
    Result?
    Relativelly stable product, no division in programming teams, better/faster support/maintenance.
    I'd say they did a good job with it.

7. GakunGak

Sorry, I am waaay behind schedule

Attached Files:

8. carbonize

Sorry and? My friend has a baseball cap from Avast for all his help promoting their products but he still doesn't act like he works for them. It's called honesty and humility.

9. GakunGak

And read it.
    No where it says just me.
    It says Wilders as well. That means all of us.
    As for how/where I work, site admin has forbidden me to reveal it, so... yeah.
    All in all, me and Qihoo have NO business relationship, other than I translate their mobile security product.
    I trust this is satisfactory to you?
    If no, I can offer:
    1: public apology
    2: Youtube video of me [insert wish here]
    3: Written apology [insert text here]
    4: Not posting anymore [insert time period until xxx days/months/years]
    5: Permanent ban [send request to relevant moderating person]

I am trying to create positive friendly environment, I do hope that I acomplished that so far. If not, I failed and my purpose ends here. :)

If you please, search through text, you will see there is a person I communicate with, and has come over here from time to time and did a post or two.
    I always acgnowledged him "from Qihoo".
    If that still is not enough, would it satisfy you if I was a "proxy" contact between you and Qihoo, on a more official level?
    Anything can be arranged, you just express your wish :)

10. carbonize

You just need to actually start acknowledging that you are posting second hand information by citing the source. Qihoo has said, Their website says.

11. GakunGak

I sometimes communicate with Q360 on behalf of people.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...defender-included.348585/page-97#post-2460116
    Here it says:
    And another
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/360-total-security-english-beta.363038/page-41#post-2453911
    and another
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/360-total-security-english-beta.363038/page-41#post-2451756
    and another
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/360-total-security-english-beta.363038/page-41#post-2451563
    Aaaaaaaand there's a lot of messages like these :)
    Take a weekend and browse through them all :)

If you see a delay in me replying, that's why because I am "7 days to die"-ing :)
    But as soon as I see it, I shall alt+tab frequently, I shall reply, no worries!

12. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

I hope that's 360 support forums in English.

13. GakunGak

14. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

you guys at qihoo should fix 360 sandbox incompatibility with IE 11 in windows 8.1 64bit. It does not open when is sandboxed. others like firefox work fine.

15. GakunGak

Would you be so kind to post screenshot of sandbox window, just to see if IE is running in the sandbox, but there is no GUI window, or there is no process at all?

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Is this one (360IS) even needed now that we have 360TS Essentials?

17. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

well when I click on IE the mouse pointer changes as it shows the program trying to open but the browser never opens. 360 sandbox showing IE active but the browser does not open. Also I have uninstalled 360 TS essential as it detected many false positives and removed them (i forgot to change the setting to manual from auto) and screwed a few of my softwares. I am back with Tencent pc manager as it is very light and excellent.

18. GakunGak

No. It has been replaced with Essentials.

Thank you. But now that you are using different security software, I shall wait for someone else to experience the problem, in order to confirm it is an issue.
    If I have the time, I shall virtual W8 myself and if indeed a problem, I will collaborate with Q and resolve it as fast as possible.
    As for removing false positives [what actually happens is that everything gets placed in the quarantine, so, all you had to do was go there, check items you want to restore, check the box for adding those items into the trusted list and all is well again. But now it doesn't matter anyway :)

19. carbonize

Well despite adding Avira as an engine TSE is actually a step back. IS, like most anti virus software, let you schedule a scan but TS, and now TSE, is lacking this most basic of options.

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Who even uses scheduled scans with real-time scanning? It's pointless...

21. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Yep,100% agree :thumb:

22. carbonize

People who have a computer used by the whole family and who know that sometimes anti malware programs fail to detect somethings that are added to a later signature update or do you think the engines are infallible? Realtime scanning will not detect a rootkit that has already been installed.

23. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Hi
    I wonder how long one can stay with IS and still have it working as it should ?

Do you know Gg ?

24. GakunGak

Here's what you can expect when continuing to use IS:
    1: Not supported anymore, so do not expect forther program updates. Even bugfixes will be so rare that... very rare.
    2: It should still receive BD updates, and connected to cloud. Unless Q infrastructure changes that cloud link is invalid....
    3: Because it will not receive program updates, certain sophisticated malware may... bend the protection and avoid complete cleaning.
    4: Generally it is not recommended to use "end-of-life" product, but hey, your choice.
    5: 360safe already redirects IS page to Essentials, so, once you lose setup file.....

Threat vector changes daily, and Qihoo AI catches them by experience [it learns, like a living human being, just with moar braaiiiiiiins], and TS and TSE would take advantage of those malware removing algoritms specially written for them. IS would not. So, once you get infected [a mathematical probability], I would be able to give support by third party tools, but not with Q360IS.

IF there is something you really like about IS, that is no in TSE, let me know, I promise to do my best. But no promises :)

25. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

You do realize that such files will be still detected when they actually get accessed at a later time?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.