360 Browser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by khanyash, Mar 31, 2014.

1. DBone

DBone Registered Member

My biggest concern is the fact that 360 is using a very outdated Chrome core, as well as an outdated Flash too.

2. aztony

aztony Registered Member

I am just wondering of the users who installed this browser, and subsequently uninstalled it, did your system display any adverse effects after your next reboot?

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

While I have not uninstalled it just yet, I've never seen any problems arising from uninstalling browsers.

4. roger_m

It has its own window, but the downloads are not multi-threaded.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  5. roger_m

I just installed this and it looks promising, but I won't be using it for now because there is no option to undo closed tabs.

What would be nice too would be the option to open addresses entered in a new tab, while keeping the current tab active, instead of switching to the new tab like it does now.

Also, there is no option to setup search shortcuts, e.g. for example in Avant and Maxthon I used to have them configured to that if I entered "ga" and a search term in the address bar, it would do a search for the search term at google.com.au. I can live without that, but it would be nice to have.

Anyway for now I'll stick with Sleipnir 4.x which is not perfect, but is certainly the best browser I have ever used.

6. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

and I didn't respond extensively enough
    Firefox and Opera 12 didn't produce alerts from OA under the same exact circumstances

as to 360 not triggering alerts from other HIPS
    I installed Comodo FW and cleaned the Trusted Vendors List
    then I installed this browser and was greeted with about 12 Defense+ pop-ups
    I give you a small sample below
    remember that Comodo doesn't usually alert for keylloging behavior or I would
    have had another 1 or 2 warnings

Attached Files:

• 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      67.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      71.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      67.9 KB
      Views:
  7. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I am currently trying this out on one of my computers. I really like it a lot. I can use all the chrome extensions and crx themes and it performs really fast - equal to my Firefox. It seems as good as or better than CoolNovo and does everything that CoolNovo does.

8. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Too bad that CCleaner doesn't recognize 360, as I like to keep only the cookies that I want to keep.

9. IvoShoen

It might be seeing it as Chrome like it does CoolNovo. I'll have to try it out and see. CCleaner also has an add-on that will allow you to define custom folders.

10. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Two different install paths.

11. IvoShoen

12. ichito

ichito Registered Member

13. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Yes :thumb:

Even faster and more secure than firefox, why? as you may already know unlike chrome and other webkit-based browsers (even IE), firefox doesn't support separate process between the user-interface and other rendering tasks. That means all tasks, UI, rendering engine, etc are running through a single process. That's simply how it affects performance and security. Mozilla developers, however, have been working towards a multi-process Firefox.
    more information on Electrolysis project

Regards,
    Amin

14. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Has this browser the inbuilt speed dial and password manager (not via extensions) like Opera?

15. Amin

Amin Registered Member

Yes. Although I'd prefer lastpass rather than the built-in password manager.

16. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thanks! You're right. While I have no problem to accept (and trust) the inbuilt password manager in Opera I would hesitate to use it in 360. Don't ask why :D

17. tezzaa

tezzaa Registered Member

I've just started using this and like it, but there are two main problems I'm having:
    it's using up 100% of my CPU and when I watch a youtube video the sound goes
    off or is very intermittent when I switch to another tab.

Any one else having the same problem?

18. IvoShoen

It does seem to spike cpu with any page that has video. Other than that I love this browser.

19. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Yea, it pounded my CPU as well.

20. IvoShoen

I had some luck in reducing the cpu spikes by updating Flash. I also went to chrome://plugins and disabled the part of Shockwave that was an older version.

21. ghoffman

ghoffman Registered Member

i downloaded the most recent chrome portable version, and copied pepflashplayer.dll into the respective 360 directory. that stopped the cpu spiking.
    i'm not sure how generally-useful this approach might be between updates of the 360 browser.

edit: cpu spiking was NOT resolved by this flash update. i'll keep trying.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  22. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Two thing's that intrigued me to want to use it.

The built in Phishing Filter and it's built in Ad Filtering functionalities, which seem to work quite well

But, it still has a long way to go, before it is considered a great browser.

23. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Anyone notice stuttering issues, when some YouTube videos are being played back in 1080 and 720p?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  24. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

25. IvoShoen

I have been using the latest version of this browser for a few weeks until today when I got alerts from my firewall that 360 Browser was making suspicious host connections to www.witkey.com (101.200.81.187) in China, a notorious scam site. Not getting these connections with any other browser.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.