3300mAh Philips Xenium W8510 Android smart phone boasts 35 days of standby

Discussion in 'hardware' started by roger_m, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

20H talk time... nice but it sounds too good to be true.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

@Creer: You forgot it's claimed as 20 hours after only a 10 minute charge from 0%.

Manufacturers always claims things like this, but this time I wonder about the level of absurdity. Is it because they're actually right?

Seriously, 336 hours browsing what kind of websites? What percentage of that time is the loading? Does continuous even equal 24 hours?

Enough said, we'll just have to see it to believe it.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Yes it sound to be good to be true, considering I can probably only get about 5 days standby at most out of my Android phone with a 1700mAh battery.

But, time will tell.

5. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Yeah right 10min charging - it would be a killer for battery in long term. I can't imagine what temperature would has that battery after this kind of charging. :D

If someone needs long battery life then there is only one right way - downgrade to "dumbphone": http://lifehacker.com/why-i-still-use-a-dumb-phone-and-have-no-plan-to-chang-828910425

There are really phones that can lasts in standby mode over 50+ days, and talk time is about 18H but non of them are smart :)

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes it surely sounds great! This battery power is more than welcome into our notebooks too :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.