32 bit to 64 bit Imaging Does it Work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RADIX, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RADIX

RADIX Registered Member

I build a Backup Image from a Dell 32 Bit Machine 10 G disk OptiPlex GX150 and I tried to restore it to Compag Presarion SR1265CL ... It Goes through the Restore and then the PC does not Boot....

Is there a problem with 32 bit to 64bit imagingo_O?

Cheers
    RMR

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RADIX,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please note that if you transfer the system to another hardware you need to sysprep your system first. However even in this case I cannot guarantee that the new system will boot properly. This is not the problem of Acronis software or operational system. It is resulted because of the different hardware on your two computers.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. RADIX

RADIX Registered Member

Ilya, TU for your Prompt reply.

So!!!

In effect you are saying ...

If I upgrade to a New Computer COMPAQ Presario with the 64 Bit AMD chip sets and of course larger disk Drives ....

I cannot use TrueImage to Create a New/Restored System/Image....

Cheers
    RMR

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RADIX,

The disk size doesn't matter because Acronis True Image allows you to change partition size during the restoration process. But since you transfer your system to different computer (another motherboard with all its controllers, etc.) the system might not work after the restoration. Actually, Acronis True Image will transfer all the files but it cannot, for example, add drivers for you new hardware. And the restored system, being the exact copy of the original one, is not configured for new hardware.

Please read the follwoing article concerning system transfer
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#17

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.