30 Hours to clone 70 Gb

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ImNew, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNew

ImNew Registered Member

Hi im new like my name, and a first time poster here.

Im trying to make a universal clone of my Windows 2000 server DC, to an External 250 gb USB HDD (Lacie). It has a RAID 5 and im aware of the Rollback Hell issues, Im pretty sure its still using the USB 1.1 as its an older machine.

And i did find this Thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=197499&highlight=slow+clone+drive

I could not find any new drivers for my machine, and its using the default usbstor.sys driver from Microsoft in 1999.
    Can anyone help me in getting the clone times down to a reasonable amount of time?

I was currently trying to use the Boot media rescue CD to do the Clone.

Thank you in advance.

2. randman

randman Registered Member

I booted up using the TI 10.0 boot CD (I was going to use TI 11.0, TI 11.0's boot CD doesn't see any of my drives). Using the TI 10.0 boot CD, I took an image backup of my PC's internal SATA RAID 0 to an external USB drive. It took nearly 12 hours to backup 12GB, and another 9 hours to do the validation. I will try with an external firewire drive and see how that goes.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If I apply some theoretical throughput rates to your situation, the USB 1.1 is the problem. It runs at 12Mbps whereas USB 2 runs at 480Mbps which is 40 times faster. Applying this to your time says that it would have done the task in 3/4 hr which would be very respectable.

There is nothing you can do about the USB version other than putting in a USB 2 card.

4. ImNew

ImNew Registered Member

Thank you for your promt response, i kinda thought that the USB 1.1 would be casuing that. But i figured id just ask anyway, is there anything i should be worried about when purchasing a USB 2.0 card for the server and working with ATI windows server edition?

Thanks again.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ImNew,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We do not expect any issues when using Acronis True Image Server for Windows with USB2.0 extention cards.

Should you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello randman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo26.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep all drives in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.