30 day upgrade policy for True Image Workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gejfay, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gejfay

gejfay Registered Member

I believe it is an industry standard that if a product is upgraded within 30 days of purchase the upgrade is either free or available at a reduced price.

I purchased Acronis Workstation and Universal restore 10 days before the release of the newest Acronis Echo product. However, when I questioned Customer Support I was told my upgrade price was $49.99 which is the standard upgrade price from a previous version.

If Acronis does not follow the industrial standard will they at least allow a customer to purchase a maintainance agreement within the first 30 days of purchase?

2. haerdalis

haerdalis Registered Member

If your purchase was the same except for the version number (i.e TI 10 -> 11), and you purchased 10 days before the new major release, then there's a reason for being somewhat annoyed.

Upgrading to a different product however is another matter.

I really like MetaProducts upgrade policy when it comes to new major versions because they
    tend to announce a free upgrade to next major version if purchasing starting from X.8.
    It equals roughly to about 3 months before release of next major version, as minor versions (or service release which doesnt bump minor version) are usually released every 1-2 months.

3. gejfay

gejfay Registered Member

Echo is the replacement product for Workstation as it is no longer available. My problem is that the latest version of Workstation will not even boot into my new Intel motherboard even with ascpi=off noapic. Interestingly, my Acronis 11 home disk does, but I need to use the universal restore option to transfer XP to the new board.

Since it doesn't work I suppose I could just return the product.

4. haerdalis

If I remember correctly, and if you still are within the refund period that would be an alternative, and possibly purchase what really works for you (Echo?).

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Be aware - that the Echo versions cannot recognise an image made by TI 11, however TI 11 does recognise Echo images.

I wondered about the Acronis policy on the corporate products, and wonder if the 30 day rule only applies to the home versions, as maintenance contracts can be taken out on the business versions - which includes and automatic new version upgrade.

Colin

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gejfay and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that 30 days upgrade policy only applies to Acronis True Image Home versions.

Please notice that you can purchace Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support license for a particular version of Acronis True Image (corporate) at any time before the release of next version of Acronis True Image (corporate).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. gejfay

gejfay Registered Member

Acronis has taken back TI Workstation as it does not work and is within 30 days of purchase.

Echo does work with the acpi=off modification. So I purchased it after using the trial version.

Thanks to all who posted

8. haerdalis

This was good news indeed..
    They seem to have gone beyond their own terms for you (as AS mentioned in this thread above your last post), so I guess you have every reason to be satisfied with how it turned out now.. :)

And I for one think Acronis really did a good thing here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.