3 pack license activation question?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

If I purchase a 3 pack license does that come with 3 separate license keys? I want to activate 1 now, and the other 2 later. If the key is the same for all three PC's then does my subscription start for all 3 PC's if I only activate it on one PC now. I want to activate my key on 1 PC now, and the other 2 in a couple months when I get some of my PC's back out of storage. If I decide to buy a 5 pack license will the activation rules be the same as a 3 pack? I don't want to start my subscription time on all of them at the same time. I live in the USA in case the policy is different depending on where one lives.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

I see by your location that you are in the USA and the following information only applies to US and Canada. To answer your question, it all depends on how and where you buy and what you mean by a 3-pack or 5-pack.

When you purchase through eset.com/us/store, you are purchasing a digital license so there is no activation key. It will be a 1 or 2 year license to cover the number of computers you need.

When you purchase through one of our resellers or partners, you'll receive a physical CD copy good for one year and covering either 1 or 3 users. Some resellers will sell the CDs as a bundle of 3, 4 or 5 CDs. In this case, each CD is a separate license key and you CAN do what you had hoped; activate one license and hold the others for future years. This is the only way to do this.

If you have any questions, you can always contact our Sales Department or Customer Care at 866-343-3738 and our agents would be glad to explain it further based on your needs.

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Thanks for your help dwomack! I called support, and got everything taken care of. I didn't even have to wait on hold! :)

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

That's what I love to hear! Glad that it all got worked out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.