3.0 updates later than 2.7

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ttrulis, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttrulis

ttrulis Registered Member

I have RA servers in both NY and London. The clients in london that I have updated to 3.0 and point to my NY update server have a later version virus signature 3380 than my london machines that point to the london server for updates. Those machines have virus signature 3356. The only difference between the two update servers is that the NY one has 3.0 client installed while the London server has 2.7 for Exchange installed. I suppose they also point to different NOD update servers too. Is there any particular reason for the discrepancy between the two? Am I losing out on protection? It is not like a few minutes either I have waited an entire day and it has not updated.

(side note: anyone know when NOD for Exchange 3.0 will be out - it is irksome to have the older version while everything else is at 3.0)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Those machines with 3356 definitely experience update problems. You should check your London ERA server . Can you give more information about that server : what is the ERA version , how are the workstations configured to updates , what server do you point them to , what program provides the updates for them (ERA v2 or NOD32 v2 LanUpdate edition) ?

No , it is not a risk to run NOD32 2.7 for MS Exchange since it is the newest version . v3 of NOD32 (compatiable with MS Exchange) should be out by the end of 2008.

3. ttrulis

ttrulis Registered Member

London server is running NOD32 2.7 Control Center for Exchange. It also has Remote Admin Console/Server running 2.0. I created the mirror via the 2.7 control center. Oddly it states under update that the version is 3380. The mirror is set up for versions NOD32 for WIN NT/XP/2000/Vista/x64 etc. Most of the clients update to the mirror on the london server but some point to NY which is how I determined the problem.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Try to delete all the files in the Mirror folder (you have created for the London workstations with NOD32 v2 ) . Then , make sure the NOD32 itself is updated and manually run an update to update the Mirror.

If you hae used NOD32 v2.7 to create the mirror , the London workstations should be pointed to update to http://IP:port , e.g. http://192.168.2.4:8081 , where 192.168.2.4 is an example for the London machine IP , 8081 is the port .

Use RAS v2 to make the workstations re-update to the newest signature version (note to perform update task for v2 machines , not for v3 as it is by default)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.