.23 ??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by martosurf, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martosurf

martosurf Registered Member

Hi, this is my first post here :cool:

I downloaded and installed the trial version of NOD32 and it says it's 2.7.16.

Recently browsing this forum I read some people talking about a .23 release... is that final or beta? No matter I push 'Update' button NOD updates the definitions file but not the core app.

Any help welcomed!!

By the way, I was using avast! Pro, which I like very much and Avira seems very powerfull too but NOD's scanning speed is incredible super fast! Thanx to the assembler gurus at ESET :thumb:

Best,
    Martin

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

1) a trial version of NOD32 does not download program component updates.
    2) version 2.70.16 is virtually the same as any newer version that have a minor bug in the updater fixed.

3. martosurf

Thanx 4 the help man!

But, is .23 the latest stable build or is it beta? Where can I find it? And, which bugs fixes? Do you have any url to check that?

thanks in advance :)

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It is the latest stable build not a beta.

5. Marcos

2.70.23 is as stable as 2.70.16

6. martosurf

ok, so where I fetch it?

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

when you have paid, and get a username/password, you can get the full version - .16 is the highest trial - .23 is a full version release.

8. martosurf

Pay? How ugly! I think I'll play with this fix 4 a while then, LOL :D :cool:

9. Marcos

Higher versions will not fix anything for eval users nor will add any new features.

10. martosurf

then we'll shift towards another solution :)

11. Marcos

Don't take my words literally, of course the new version 3 will bring heaps of new features :D

12. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I think you're missing the point. The trial is the trial - you're running it for 30 days max (unless you mess with it) - and then you're onto the paid version. As a paying subsciber (when you get there), you want Eset's efforts focused on you and the other paying subscribers. The functionality difference between the trial and the full version is not LARGE... and those SMALL changes are not going to affect your purchasing decision (most likely).

Don't get hung up on it - trial and buy, or move on... your call!

13. martosurf

I think vendors should allways post their latest stable builds for their own good because the trial is in fact the best showcase they can find.

Besides that, as a sales professional as I am, trial users deserves the same attention than customers because, you ~snip~ , the trial user of today may very well be the happy customer of tomorrow. But if you don't like work this way, well, please target your services to big enterprises and you haven't to care at all of the trial users. :rolleyes:

NOD32 is very good, yes it is, but I found avast! is pretty cool too and Avira has surprise me very well with it's excellent suite; and I'm not mentioning here that Symantec seems to had learned about their unhappy customers and the latest release of NAV and NIS are way lot more memmory and resources friendly while keeping it excellent protection.

So, as you see [(trial and buy, or move on... your call!)] world isn't often white or black only, ~snip~. :blink:

For now on, I will try Avira deeply and in case returning to NOD32 a few registry tweaks may well give me an extended evaluation period of some thousand days :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2007
  14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

We'll bring this thread to a close and suggest if and when you decide to purchase Nod32....We'll be here for any support issues that might crop.
    As for your comment concerning "registry tweaks may well give me an extended evaluation period of some thousand days"....you reap what you sew.

Bubba :shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.