2013 Free back-up of Asus laptop

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by tontine325, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tontine325

tontine325 Registered Member

I have been backing up my HD with the Paragon 2013 free. Yesterday I tried to restore the drive. The program went through all the motions for an hour and 10 minutes. Now my laptop will not boot. Tried an earlier backup file with the same results.I get a black screen giving me two options (1) Launch Startup Repair (2)Start Windows normally. neither work Can anyone help? Mike

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Why? Any problems that made you want to restore ?

If so, that might have affected the restore process,

3. tontine325

Good morning, Yes I had a partition on an external Hd that I could not access I went into the permissions and selected what I thought was myself as administrator. After that I could not boot in to the OS. I can still open the bios, The OS is Win 7. and the laptop is a K55a
    Also I don't know what I am doing. Thanks for your help Mike

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  4. tontine325

What no help? Does anyone have any help? I guess the only answer is to do a clean install , then try B&R 2013 again. Is this the only answer? Is there anything else I might screw up? Mike

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

That will probably work fine.

It is not clear to me what caused the problem, or even what the problem is.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

This is a user forum and I also am not clear as to what happened. You can try asking Paragon support but since you are using the free product you won't have any priority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.