2009 consolidation and diff backups: What happens?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by loopguru, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loopguru

loopguru Registered Member

I just upgraded to 2009 and am not happy at all about the new consolidation approach compared to the backup destinations in version 11.

What puzzles me as well is how consolidation works with differential backups:

Imagine you define a task which backups differentially and consolidates after 10 backups.

You will get a full backup we call "f1" and 10 differential backups "d2" to "d10".
    Each differential backup stores only the differences compared to backup "f1".

Now you make one more backup which will lead to the consolidation of "f1" and "d2" into something new which we might call "f2".

What puzzles me now that all differential backups "d3" to "d10" are still differential backups compared to "f1" and not to the newly consolidated backup "f2".

The manual (at least the German version) says nothing here...

Any ideas?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Is the consolidation behavior any diff than it was in ATI10 or 11 when a Backup Location limit was reached?

3. loopguru

loopguru Registered Member

In 11 it didn't consolidate at all. There was a bug with the task system (it ignored backup location limits, sigh...) and I was told to wait until 2009 was released and got a free upgrade.

So I really cant compare 2009 with 11 with regard to consolidation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.