2006 which is best Security suites do you think have the best detection rates

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by julevine, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julevine

julevine Registered Member

please write your opinions

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  2. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

wait for kaspersky internet security to be released or take a look at gdata internet security.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

At this point in time F-Secure Internet Security Suite 2006 probably has the best detection.
    bigc

It uses four scan engines

Attached Files:

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I would rather not recommend that you search for what is "best", but I do suggest that you look for what is good. Given the way companies add samples, any AV can end up on top at any time.

Therefore, look for whats good. I would recommend BitDefender Internet Security (or BullGuard if you wish, same AV engine anyway), Kaspersky Internet Security, F-Secure Internet Security, Norton Internet Security, GDATA AVK Internet Security, McAfee Internet Security, or the soon-to-be-released Eset Security System.

All of these will protect you well. :)

5. julevine

I tested the online f -secure scan and it' doesn't scan all files this is very bad

I rank it poor in scan throughness

A antivirus should scan all files
    if it doesn't viruses will get pass it and will not get detected .

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I think you can set the security suite to scan all files... If I remember correctly from my trial.

7. Zhaowei

Zhaowei Registered Member

f-secure IS 2006 is my vote, bitdefender comes as a second possibility...but gdata is just too "resource hungry" 4 me

8. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Eset's suit will own them all :p

9. Zhaowei

Zhaowei Registered Member

:D lol

anyway, are there any release dates of that "would be-excellent suite" form eset?

10. waters

waters Registered Member

If nod fans like theirs now,think how good when they see it.

11. julevine

i want to know which product does the best in infection cleanup

12. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

hard question to answer

13. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Just a small note here re Eset's Security Suite. When they finally bring it out I myself probably will not buy/update to it but will still carry on using seperate security software for my PC such as I will update to NOD32 Ver 3.0 (stand alone AV software) and at the same time keep my ZA Pro 6.0 Firewall as well. As this is what I'm currently using.

I am sure that Eset will provide us all with an excellent security suite as they have already shown us their expertise in their antivirus product and it will be good competition for them with other vendors out there as well.

14. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Gdata is a hog it crashed me once!!! go for trend 2006 imho..I've used it for yrs i did a kaspersky online scan nothing showed up so must be doing its job , im waiting on KIS 2006

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

What firewall does Gdata Anitviruskit 2006 use in their security suite, anti-hacker? Doing a quick google image search, the 2005 version looks like anti-hacker.

16. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

yea probably but it's not even in beta yet is it??

17. julevine

has anyone tried the new kaspersky 6 plase tell me how good you think it was?

18. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Yeah, I am beta testing it since two month now. So far I like it very much and it is very light on ressources.:)

Sure, there is still place to improve it, but MP1 (which should be released in July) will take care of that.

Anyway, like any Software you should try it. What's good on my PC may NOT be good on yours...

19. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

You can look at this chart and read the article:
    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,125857,00.asp

I don't think much of it though since they didn't include KIS 2006.

I beta tested KIS 2006 and if I wanted a suite, I would choose it. The anti-hacker is still poor but the rest is quite good if you want a suite which I did not. I chose KAV 2006 and did not install the webantivirus or the mail scanner. I am quite happy with KAV but would be most unhappy if I had the webantivirus as it slowed my broadband connection (during beta testing of KIS 2006) to a crawl. I would recommend using webantivirus in KIS or KAV only if you have a dialup connection as broaband is expensive and you don't want to waste your money on paying for something you do not get when using webantivirus. I had the same results with NOD32 HTTP scanner. Those, in my experience, just ruin a broadband connection and bring your computer to a crawl. Your mileage may vary.

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

It seems like a nice overall package but, KAV and KIS 6 both make my wireless connection unstable on my desktop and laptop. It doesn't just happen at home, I loose wireless connections at school with KAV or KIS installed on my laptop. I'm not sure what the cause is exactly. I have tried to install without the web and mail scanner but, it doesn't help. It seems like a couple of other people on the Kaspersky forum are having the same type of problem.

21. crazy4stef

crazy4stef Registered Member

Mine

GData AntiVirusKit 2006 + Ghost Security Suite

no firewall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.