2003 Server rpc service error afterinstalling nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by chainring, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chainring

chainring Registered Member

Hi,

We have recently installed NOD32 on W2k3 server. The old product was symantec.

Since installing the server has been regulary re-starting, with an RPC error 7031 in the system logs. I have since set the RPC service to not restart the server after the 3rd error, but I really need to get to the bottom of this.

Cheers

Richard

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. chainring

Not sure abou the nortons removal tool, I'm fixing someone else's problem ;)

But it looks clean of symantec crap - no symantec services running, registry looks clean. is it worth running one of those tools anyway?

More info tho, it is running Small Busness Server 2k3 ( which I h8 ), has not had SP1 applied

Cheers

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you confirm the IMON icon is actually gray ?

5. chainring

Sure is , Cheers

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I'm not sure if that latest Norton system tools would work with Symantec Corp Edition/Small Business Edition products...their prior versions did not.

There was a Symantec Corp Edition removal tool floating around...I can't think of the name of it..but I think I have it in a folder on my laptop...I'll dig in and try to find it later today.

Does it have SP1 installed? SP1 for 2K3 changed the way RPC is handled.

I love SBS....many people coming from the traditional more enterprise way of working with servers don't like it....but I'll tell ya, it's mighty powerful, if you need to admin it..I highly recommend picking up some of Harry Brelsfords SBS books. And join up over at www.smallbizserver.net SBS is a goldmine for small business consultants.

Anyways...back to your issue...I have a lot of SBS boxes out there...most running NOD32...no compatibility issue there, there's something lingering in this box of yours..need to figure it out.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps you could drop an email to support @ eset.com with a link to this thread and we'll provide you with some diagnostic tools.

8. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    The name of the tool for removing Symantec Corp Edition products is
    "SCSCleanWipe".

You can Google it..supposedly it's much stronger than the SymNRT....and can actually get at their business grade products, which last I knew the SymNRT didn't..for retail home user/desktop products only.

Now that I Googled it, I went back to Symantecs Enterprise download directory..and found that they updated NoNAV this year...which CleanWipe was built on....so maybe check out NoNav also.
    http://symantec.netvision.net.il/Enterprise/Removal tools/

I hope someone didn't install a desktop product on the SBS box...the installer should have prevented that..but if that's the case...ouch.....could be scarey.

9. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.