20 second delay beofre OS Selector loads

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Batfink, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batfink

Batfink Registered Member

Was never a prob with DDS9... used to boot straight into menu....

Now, after turning pc on, I get a "Processing, please wait..." message before OS Selector menu appears... this delay can las as long as 30 seconds, and on the odd occasion, will not even get that far...

Ive not seen anyone else mention this, but cant believe Im the only one.. as I said DDS9 worked fine, and my hardware is the same, so tha problem must be with DDS10....

Is this a known faulto_O

I have no IDE drives, only SATA.....

2. walybare

walybare Registered Member

DDS10 is the fist version I've used, but I agree this is just too long. I've been using Grub and Linux for years and I would still be using Grub if it supported my raid 5 software partition.

Yea, I'd like to know why it takes so long too.

3. Batfink

Thanks.. thought it was just my setup.....

DDS9 used to boot straight into the menu no probs.. so it must be something that has changed int he new build....

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Batfink and walybare,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

In case you have used the trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 before installing the full one you can enconter with this issue. Please be aware that the trial version has the following limitations:
    - Only partitions of the minimum size (1 cylinder ~ 7,8 MBytes) can be created (both in Windows and in rescue mode)
    - Acronis OS Selector trial period expires after 15 days, and then starts with a 15 seconds delay

This means that if you have not reinstalled Acronis OS Selector while installing the full version of Acronis Disk Director Suite then this delay will remain. So we suggest you to uninstall Acronis OS Selector and install it once again.

If this does not help and the issue with the delay still remains then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. Batfink

This is a clean build... with the full retail product only.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Batfink,

Please collect the diagnostic information which I have requested in my previous post and provide us with it as a request for technical support . We will investigate the issue thoroughly and try to provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.