2 strange things in Nod32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by I-Chat, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Chat

I-Chat Registered Member

when i tested nod32 (trial version) i seriously missed some features...

1: when i want Nod32 to scan recieved files from any IM client, i mis a command line argument that make the scan fully un-attended ... for example msn-messenger (by default) does not accept files unless they are scaned and release by an Antivir program...
    > what id want is an option to scan 1 or more files. without any 'user intervention', with a popup for nn secconds telling the file is safe, unless the file is un-safe and user-action is required...

2: the version i teste had a 'perfect' intergration with MircroSoft products like Outlook and Ms Office.. But i miss the same level of intergration with, OpenOffice, StarOffice, WordPerfect , and Lotus, and even while it does (?) support other mail clients, it would be very helpfull if there would be more documentation about that...

Will this change in the near future?

Because in that case, id realy consider recomanding NOD32 for any of my clients..

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi I-Chat,
    Welcome to Wilders :)

1. This thread covers messenger clients pretty well --> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=91785 - Note that in the v2.7 Beta version there are a couple of new command line switches mentioned here.

2. Actually any application that supports the appropriate standard for intergration with AV software on a Windows platform (via API's) should be fully supported, this includes mail clients. At this time it seems only Microsoft Office has implemented these API's. IMON automatically checks standard POP3 traffic and HTTP traffic as you have it configured to do so.

We suggest all our clients take the time to read through -->this<-- thread at least once, if you haven't already seen it.

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.