2 questions

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by tpleat, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpleat

tpleat Registered Member

Hi -

I have a couple of questions:

1) I installed Win Server 2003 after I installed Disk Director (on top of WinMe and W2k). I now get the Windows boot manager after I select a OS from DD. I'm not sure what I do, but perhaps edit the boot.ini file? I tried to do that in OS selector within W2K and it says it can't edit that file. What exactly do I do to just select my various OSes from DD and not having the windows boot manager afterwards?

2) I have 2 drives with empty space on both. I wanted to add a partition and drive 1, but DD always wanted to add it to drive 2, even when I had drive 1 highlighted. Why is that and how can I control where I put my partitions?

Thanks!!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tpleat,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please explain your first problem in detail? What do you try to do? Please note that Acronis OS Selector automatically recognizes the operating systems on your computer and allow you to choose the necessary one when the computer is booted.

Also please download the latest build (553) of Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. What wizard do you launch? Please describe all your actions before the issue appears step-by-step. We will try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. tpleat

tpleat Registered Member

About the 1st question - Yes, I get the Acronis OS selection when I bootup. But when I select an operating system, it then brings up the Microsoft OS selection menu - and that's not what I want.

I had WinMe installed, then W2K, then OS selector - and all worked fine. Then I installed Win Server 2003, and I get the MS boot selection whenever I choose W2K or Win2003 from the Acronis menu (I haven't tried WinMe). And I did use the Acronis boot disk after the Win2003 install to get back the Acronis OS selector - but I still get the MS Windows OS selector afterwards.

Do you need other details? If so, what exactly? Thanks!!

I'll download the latest version and give you the details on the 2nd issue after that - that's the choosing where the partition goes issue.

4. Acronis Support

Hello tpleat,

I can recommend that you try to deactivate and then activate again Acronis OS Selector to find the existing operating systems. If that doesn't help please contact me again.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. tpleat

tpleat Registered Member

I updated to the latest version. I deactivated DiskDirector and rebooted. I reactivated DiskDirector and rebooted = same problem.

The Acronis OS selector recignizes all of the operating systems. But when I select one to boot, the selected OS does NOT come up. Rather, Windows OS selector comes up, and I have to choose again. That means the Acronis OS selector doesn't do anything except cause an extra step - the Windows OS selector always comes up and I must select the OS I want from that.

6. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.