2 questions (I think)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Is Viiv installed on your notebook?

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I have no idea. How would I find out?

3. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Usually the manufacturer will put a Viiv badge on your computer somewhere. The reason I am asking about this is that I once ran across a Dell that had a similar problem with an Unknown Device. It required disabling Quick Resume (a Viiv feature) in Power options in BIOS because Intel no longer supports Viiv (go figure). Once I disabled QR the Unknown Device went away.

Attached Files:

4. bgoodman4

No badge like that on the PC so I guess that's not the source of the problem. Is it possible that the chip (or whatever) itself is the problem? I have yet to do anything normal that failed so I cannot imagine what the unknown device might be. I actually thought I had found the fault when I tried to launch g-force visualizations and it failed. I reinstalled the g-force plug-in (for MediaMonkey) and was pleased to have it launch, I then went to Device Manager expecting to see the unknown device gone but there it still was.

Should I delete or disable the device and see what happens?

I have RollBack Rx snaps as well as images done with Rxs imager. I also have an older image created with Acronis so I suppose I could restore the unknown device if I have to.

Or should I leave well enough alone seeings as I do not seem to have lost any functionality?

Thoughts on this approach would be appreciated, I have no idea if this idea is OK to try or unwise.

5. bgoodman4

No comments or recommendations?

6. bgoodman4

I guess I am on my own on this one now. Thanks to all who made suggestions above. I will post the results of what, if anything, happens down the road with this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.