2 questions for the price of one!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by herojig, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herojig

herojig Registered Member

i have 2 questions today - i am a trueimage latest version user:
    * i had to restore my c drive recently and noticed that the system XP SP2 had slowed down a bit, so i used norton speed disk and noticed a fragmented hard drive, my question is does trueimage back up the fragmentation state of a hard drive? i am not a real techie so i am clueless there. Also, this may be out of scope of this forum, but i noticed that my page file is AFTER all the frequently used files in the norton disk map. is that a performance problem?

* why does scheduler which is set to backup upon shutdown once per day, start no matter what i say to the confirmation dialog? i always have to then cancel the started job when i dont want backup to happen at that moment... and then, if i cancel the days backup, when i do try to run the job i get an RPC server error of some sort until i reboot and try again. Something seems hosed there. i have tried to repair the installation using the download, but that does not fix the problem for the next time i cancel during the day.

thanks!!!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello herojig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

1. Acronis True Image restores your disk/partition to the state it was when you created your backup including the state of defragmentation.

2. Please contact support@acronis.com regarding this problem.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.