2 queek questions re Panda Cloud

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I received an advertisement for 50% off Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.3 PRO Edition, w/free upgrade to 3.0 when it is released. I notice that the Pro version offers WiFi Protection.

Q1- What does "WiFi Protection" protect against that is NOT protected against by simply an Antivirus program?

Q2- Can realtime protection be turned OFF, so that I may use Panda as a right-click on-demand scanner ONLY -- if I want to do so from time to time?

2. aztony

aztony Registered Member

http://blog.cloudantivirus.com/

You can turn off the real time protection from the system tray icon, but once the system is restarted Panda will load in an active state. Also bear in mind that this is a pure cloud AV, which means that it has to be connected to receive updates, and to synchronize its local cache so that it can adequately protect the system when not connected.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

to aztony- Just what I needed to know. Thanks!

4. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I'd like to add my own question. When is version 3.0 supposed to be out? It seems like 2.9 has been in beta for a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.