2 Odd things!! - firefox activity

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by SimonW, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Hi

[first odd thing...] A few days ago when I started up firefox my firewall (LooknStop) notified me that the application signature had changed and did I want to re-authorise?

I have been running the latest version for a while now but had been trying a few of the extensions here ( http://developer.mozilla.org/contests/extendfirefox/ ) - I've never seen an extension cause an app change before but I pressed yes to the re-authorise anyway....:)

[second odd thing...] Today I went to my bank website and during the login process my newsreader app (40tude Dialog) started up by itself.

These events seem very suspicious and yet strangely similar to some of the 'leaktest' programs starting up different applications to get access to the net.

I have just run a complete Kaspersky scan against my C drive without anything untoward being found.

Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks
    SimonW

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I download my extensions from addons.mozilla.org. Have never had experience with any checksum changes. As to what could / can happen, there are a million factors that can contribute. It's hard to decide out of the blue.
    What did you do when you accessed your bank - with IE / Firefox. What programs were you open in the background, what OS you got... Details, details.
    When you received the checksum warning, what were you doing?
    Mrk

3. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

Yeah, sounds very odd indeed. Are you sure firefox.exe changed? What's the md5 checksum for that? What version are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.