2 new entries in my startup folder?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by gate1975mlm, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Is there any chance this feature could be adjusted so there is no need to have the entries shown in the start up folder? For example I have lots of programs on my computer that start up with eash user account but are not shown in the start up folder under all programs.

For my own reasons I really do not like having programs in the start up folder on the All Programs list.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

100% agree with this statement. i HATE stuff in the startup folder like that.

3. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

I am glad I am not the only one :)

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if we dont use the lastpass part on a certain machine is it okay to delete these or if say i am the only user and there is no user switching?

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I believe Lastpass will automatically re-create them even if you delete them. I'm looking into what options we have to avoid this. One possibility would be to delete the files under C:\ProgramData\WRData\PKG\ but there could be negative consequences to that if you're using the Backup & Sync feature.

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

It seems the startup entries issue still persists in the latest build (.85) :doubt:

7. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

I contacted support on this as the recent automatic upgrade of my older "Essentials" license to "Complete" installed these password management modules. Asked if I could downgrade to "Antivirus" licenses to remove them (as I use Lastpass & dropbox and "Antivirus" now has identity protection) but was told I would have to buy new "Antivirus" licenses. I did this as they are on offer at the moment but was not happy to have to shelve my 2 year "Complete" license and spend more money just to tidy up a product change.

8. PrevxHelp

They're necessary and will need to be there moving forward so that Lastpass can work in other user accounts.

9. PrevxHelp

You could continue using your Complete license and just remove the Webroot add-on from your browser if that would be easier.

10. PC_Fiddler

PC_Fiddler Registered Member

I have Complete mainly for Android protection but never have used the password system (and never will) - They are easily removed from any browser & never bother me again :D

11. pegas

pegas Registered Member

OK Joe, will have to live with this :D

12. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

As a Lastpass user there is an alternative (though I guess would have to be done by each user if multiple on PC). If you install the full Lastpass binary this handles all browsers (and I think apps) and creates the startup entries (just like Webroot). I only use Lastpass in Firefox so I install the Lastpass Firefox extension only (there are various downloads available for each individual browser) and this does not install the startup entries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.