2 more spys

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bug, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bug

bug Registered Member

These two got past Spywareblaster. Found by Aware.

Category:Data Miner
    Object Type:File
    Size:739 Bytes
    Location:c:\documents and settings\owner\cookies\owner@edge.ru4[1].txt
    Last Activity:12-28-2003 2:31:09 AM
    Risk LevelLow
    Comment:
    Description:This cookie is known to collect information that may be used either for targeted advertising, or tracking users across a particular website, such as page views or ad click-thrus.
    ===========================================
    Size:164 Bytes
    Location:c:\documents and settings\owner\cookies\owner@ad-logics[2].txt
    Last Activity:12-28-2003 3:08:00 AM
    Risk LevelLow
    Comment:
    Description:This cookie is known to collect information that may be used either for targeted advertising, or tracking users across a particular website, such as page views or ad click-thrus.

2. yokenny

yokenny Registered Member

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

yokenny,

Thanks for the advice. Nevertheless, this is the SpywareBlaster support forum; in order to keep the software up to date, all alerts are welcomed over here.

No offense intended - but please withold from posting one and the same message all over the Javacool Forums ;)

regards.

paul

4. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I would think that for spyware blaster to block all tracking cookies would be an ernormous task, needing a database in the 10's of mb's to include all possible tracking cookies

also many people use genuine afffilliate links to raise funds for charities etc. blocking all tracking cookies eliminates that source of income. I use a few carefully selected affiliates, that are particularly relevant to my site and would be displeased to say the least if someone chose to use my site links to buy a particular product or sign up for an insurance policy etc, knowing that the commission goes to maintaining the rescue centre and no commission was fortyhcoming because the cookie was blocked.

5. PrinceJason

PrinceJason Registered Member

A large host file serious impedes preformance.
    http://www.geocities.com/yosponge/dnsredirect.html

Also host file blocking does not allow for wildcards like DNSkong does. This makes it cumbersome, tedious, and inefficient to block all related sites.
    http://www.pyrenean.com/dnsk.php

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Gents,

Thanks for the advice. However: please discuss other software on the appropriate forum. As said before, this is the spyblaster support forum. Anything goes in regard to this software. Other software/issues do not belong over here. No offense intended.

regards.

paul

7. Billie Jewel

Billie Jewel Registered Member

Being a newbe,il try any remember your wishes. well Spyblaster could not remove 2 More malware pieces,these being 1--netster variation(clsid{56336bcb-3d8a-11d 6-aoob-oo5oda18de71} . the version already protected by spyware blaster is the same Except for 11d6,is11d2 in your list.....2---"seek seek,location H--key_classe. IDed asa home page hyjacker. Only got part of CLSID {57aoe7-3863............. . Location--registry(speaking of wich i am going into,too kill these the hard way i guess?),owell into the valley of death i ride! LUV program and many thanks already to you Paul and your associates. Billie Jewel P.S.---I will ad my profile as time ,thought permits. EEK!---Ihope this not a protocol breach. Oh,what is a CLSID? :'( :'(

8. bug

bug Registered Member

A couple more.

Vendor:Tracking Cookie
    Size:90 Bytes
    Last Activity:12-31-2003 4:49:10 PM
    Risk LevelLow
    Comment:
    ===============================================
    Vendor:Tracking Cookie
    Size:155 Bytes
    Location:c:\documents and settings\owner\cookies\owner@bravenet[2].txt
    Last Activity:12-31-2003 1:26:01 AM
    Risk LevelLow
    Comment:

Thanks Bug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.