2 minor GUI suggestions for PG 2.x

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by LuckMan212, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

Here is my list of GUI Issues with PG 2.0

Hi, I just bought PG 2.0 and am very pleased overall. I do have 2 minor GUI requests however. Hope these can make it into the next version:

1) Please allow us to choose our own font for the PG console. I prefer a tighter font than verdana.

2) There seems to be a bit of a problem with the word wrapping code used, see this little screenshot:
    (note, the yellow/red bar down this middle Is the part I chopped out, just to keep the image within forum rules-- I have a 1280x1024 res.)

http://f2systems.com/files/snap039.png

My recommendation? Allow an option to "disable line wrap" so that each entry is on ONE line, and then just add a horizontal scrollbar. To me, this makes for a cleaner, much more readable log anyway. just my $0.02
    :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  2. LuckMan212

1 more thing that quickly gets annoying....

please have the "default" options when adding new programs to the "program protection" list default to NONE/NONE.

Most of the programs to be added will be exclusion-type scenarios where a program needs to be allowed to Hook in, etc. And unchecking all the "blocked privs" boxes each time is a hassle. Especially because there is something very odd about the way those checkboxes behave. It is difficult to check them quickly, they all seem to be "attached" as some large button or something-- hard to explain but they flicker a lot on my system when I check them and a lot of times they seem to not respond to clicks, so I have to click 2 or 3 times to get the boxes to "take". I hope I am explaining this correctly.

Even better it would be great if PG kept a list of all the HOOKS that it blocked and you could go to that list and check off the ones you want to allow and they can be added to your list without having to navigate to each .exe on your HD which can take hours.....

3. LuckMan212

more GUI issues....

they keep coming...

3) copying/selecting text from the Log window causes my CPU usage to jump to 70-85% and in general seems kludged.. it is very difficult to select the text you are trying to grab (the "highlight" section updates either extremely slowly, or not at all). Not sure what the reason is for that.

4) the column headers in the Program Protection view do not remember their sort order after adding new programs, etc. Nor do they in any way indicate the current sort order. Would be nice to have both of these fixed.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.