2.70.37 released...what's new?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by QBgreen, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

This version is now at eset.com, but what's new/changed is not. Anyone know?

2. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Where did you find it ? Can you give us the link please.

I do not mean the Downloadlink, i mean the Link of the Site itself.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I just d/l'd and installed the new version (right on top of .32). No issues with the install and I haven't had an opportunity to check a whole heck of a lot.

However, I did notice that after I bring NOD up from the tray, resize the windows, and ship it back to the tray, they *remain resized*. Before, they would revert back to some default size. Nice!

BTW, all my settings appear to have been preserved. :)

5. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

According to ESET,

May 9, 2007

NOD32 for Microsoft Windows has been updated to v2.70.37. This release contains the following changes:

• Fix for stack overflow vulnerability which could allow arbitrary code execution.
    • Added new command line option "/ALL-". When NOD32's command line scanner is run with the /ALL- switch, it will scan files based on their extensions, as opposed to scanning all files on the target.

6. planet

planet Registered Member

Won't an upgrade be offered via updates built right into nod32? I have mine set to ask before upgrading program components.

7. TJP

TJP Registered Member

I just tried the majorgeeks link (as I was unable to download from Eset - kept getting timeout errors).

I would advise against downloading from majorgeeks, its the 30 day trial version of 2.70.32 NOT 2.70.37 :thumbd:

I just downloaded 12MB of updates :mad: (6MB updated twice - once on 30 day trial activitation to lastest defintions, then again when it upgraded to the full version).

Not uncommon for majorgeeks to have incorrect download listed...happens sometimes with Ad-Aware & Spybot defintion updates.

8. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

ESET provides separate versions; one for 30 day trials and one for purchased software. Majorgeeks is probably not equiped to provide the purchased software link, since that one requires the customer's username and password.

9. TJP

TJP Registered Member

It's not that Majorgeeks provided the trial version (which you can simply upgrade to a full version by entering your username & password), its the older 2.70.32 version of Nod32 that you will download.

So at present, its a waste of time to download Nod32 from Majorgeeks.

FWIW, I only use Majorgeeks as my ISP has a mirror site so any downloads do not count against my monthly usage.

10. Steel

Steel Registered Member

When will the 2.70.37 in german be avaible ? Because, it's not only fixing a bug-Version, it's fixing a exploit. So, i think it's very, very importing to push out the newer Version in the other languages.

11. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

The exploit is bound to very rare condition and the german version will be released soon.

12. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Trial version is .32 or .37 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.