2.70.32 2342 does not detect common trojans

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by olmer, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I completely agree with your last sentence. Im pretty sick of threads titled "OMFG NOD M1SS3D SUM TROJANZ LOLZ!1!!" or something of that ilk. (yes, I know that example is ott, but im trying to say this without sounding like im on a rant :p). This is a NOD SUPPORT forum. For people who have technical issues with said software. If NOD misses something (bearing in mind no AV is 100% effective), then go here and find a malware removal assistance site. There are plenty out there. (The safer-networking forums of spybot fame were fantastic at cleaning me out when I first got infected. They would be a good place to go.) But please dont post your list of "missed" viri. There is nothing we can do about it - and it will just be seen as another NOD smear thread. By myself anyway.

Edit: I have just seen Blackspear's new sticky thread. Hopefully it will stop more threads of this ilk. Cheers blackspear! :thumb:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  2. olmer

olmer Registered Member

Oops. I actually like NOD a lot and chose it over kaspersky for last two years (same price for AV). Just spontaneously decided to check with KOV and was angry having trojants running. There is a lot of info on this malware (it is actually a whole program with dlls, registry modifications, etc) – did not mean to start this kind of thread.

I’ll edit the title to go easy with all respected people here – may need your help someday

3. olmer

olmer Registered Member

Re: Submission of undetected malware to eset

Oops again. Mods please edit the title (can do only body) as you see fit. Thanks in advance.

4. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Hello HiTech_boy, I didn't want to add defination at all. ;) I was just reacting to prompts from Nod. Sorry for not replying earlier, I didn't expect any further interest in this thread and therefore forgot about it. :)

5. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Re Eset not replying to submitted samples:-doesn't everybody here think it would show a far greater level of customer care if they did?Even an auto reply just saying they have received the sample and it was being looked into would be nice!:-Its all to do with the way customers perceive the way they are being treated,not whether the company actually adds samples!

6. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

I agree, it's been pointed out many, many times but it's not up for debate it's their policy, I think this thread will probably be closed soon.

Londonbeat

7. nonmirecordo

nonmirecordo Registered Member

Me too!

This is one of the most sensible posts that I've read in a long time and I agree with every word. Have you noticed that the titles of these posts are always overly-dramatic; designed to catch the eye?

8. steve1955

Like many where we don't all sing from the same(approved??) songsheet!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There are very few threads closed; those that are usually have trolling involved.

Blackspear.

10. steve1955

forget it :-I know I'm on a loser as soon as a mod posts!

11. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure that if Nod detected a running trojan as "unknown new heur PE" if it could also clean the reg entries and other mess/files left by the heuristically detected file, just like it can with signature cleaning. That's impressive if true.

Londonbeat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.