2.7 settings Questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by shademan, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shademan

shademan Registered Member

I'm going to install nod32v2.7 trial version to see if I like it but I have a few questions after reading over the setting part. I read Blackspear's extra settings.

I don't like something to be cleaned without me seeing what's being cleaned so I thought I would would use the prompt me for all but will this drive me nuts? Or am I bing to paranoid about this?

The next questions come from page 4

In the type of update program component upgrade it has the radio checked to to preform upgrade if avaible. Will this update to the new version which I don't want to try right now after reading some of reviews or will it just update 2.7?

In the run external application part it tells you how to set up the work directory by using the command line and enter the right choice for you. Is this necessary only in 98 or vista? I run xp home edition. I guess I'm asking why a command line for something I thought I did earlier? Hope what I just said makes sense to someone.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No .

No , it will only update anything new to v2 . Version 3 is another program , different code. Moreover , you'll use trial version - trial version are not able to get program updates , just signature updates . Plus , let's not remember that v2 is under no future developement , so we cannot expect anything new to come for v2 :)

Enter it twice - once to point the exe , the second time to point the directory of the exe . Why twice ? I have no idea :)

The third line is for the paramenters/commands

3. shademan

shademan Registered Member

Thank you HiTech_boy.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.