2.12?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by shade91, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shade91

shade91 Registered Member

How soon can we expect to see 2.12 in component upgrades for autoupdating?

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

As far as I know, the component is available as autoupdate for NOD32 in spanish and maybe others languages too.

3. marti

marti Registered Member

I still don't have the newer components either. I'm still showing NOD32 version 2.000.9.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You can download it direct of the Nod32 website www.nod32.com

They may be holding back with auto-update due to the amount of problems with various websites...

Cheers :D

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well, you could just not use IMON. I don't think Marti does and I just put NOD32 back on my XP box and I have no problems but then I did not install IMON or DMON. I don't understand why anyone wants IMON or DMON. IMON is pure redundancy with lots of headaches and nothing to show for the headaches. All you need is a resident monitor or an on demand scanner. (In fact, you don't really need either as you can just submit your downloaded file to an online scanner and don't open email attachments ever and of course practice safe hex at all times with no exceptions). I'm getting so tired of most of the av vendors getting their avs more and more bloated and Eset is doing it also now. I liked NOD32 because Eset had refrained from entering the bloatedness race until now. :(

I am pleased though that this version of NOD32 does not interfere with my monitor going into suspend mode after 5 minutes of inactivity. NOD32 never interfered in almost two years until last month and now it is working properly again with this final release.

6. marti

marti Registered Member

Mele is correct, I don't bother with IMON.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I used to feel the same way. In fact, I wouldn't even run a real time scanner. Just do on demand scans every so often.

I can't remember the worm or virus that changed my mind about real time scanning. It did convince me to scan most everything.

There are just too many ways for viruses and trojans to get on your system these days.

I consider myself a low risk user but I'm scanning everything now and will continue.

I know there are threads in the NOD forum begging for advanced heuristics in all modules. So now we have it.
    Why not use it?

edit: Disregard this entire statement. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  8. marti

marti Registered Member

Ron,

I have many email addresses, through many sources. All but one of them has a virus checker on the server side. It's been over a year (probably longer) since an infected email was delivered to my system.

My computer system has never been infected with any malware.

Therefore, I don't need IMON.

9. marti

marti Registered Member

Back to the original question: where are the new components?

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

See post number 4, 2.12.2 is currently ONLY available by downloading the commercial version relative to your operating system, from the Nod32 website www.nod32.com

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.