2.06p1 - lnsfw.sys does not appear to be installed

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Defenestration, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I've only just noticed this with both the 32-bit and 64-bit builds of LnS 2.06p1. I have also tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing, but get the same result.

32-bit - lnsfw.sys is present in the system32\drivers folder, but there is no entry for it in Device Manager->Non-Plug and Play Drivers or in the registry at HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\. lnsfw1.sys appears in all three locations.

64-bit - lnsfw.sys is present in the system32\drivers folder, and also in the registry at HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\, but there is no entry for it in Device Manager->Non-Plug and Play Drivers. lnsfw1.sys appears in all three locations.

Is this a problem ?

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

For the registry, and for Win32 version, the key is SFilter and not Lnsfw (this was a mistake :oops: , never fixed to simplify the update/compatibility with an existing version).
    For the registry, and for x64 this key name has been fixed and is normally now Lnsfw.

For the Device manager, Lnsfw/Look 'n' Stop driver appears in the network drivers folder (as an hidden device, attached to the physical network adapters it is bound to).

So the only difference with what you observed is for the registry under x64 where you should have both lnsfw & lnsfw1 entries.
    Does Look 'n' Stop application start anyway properly ?

Frederic

3. Defenestration

Yes, LnS works perfectly. I was just worried that there were missing entries for lnsfw.sys.

I assume the MaxSPIEntries registry entry still works on Win32, but instead needs to go under the SFilter key ?

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

MaxSPIEntries has to be created anyway in Lnsfw. This key has to be created.

Frederic

5. Defenestration

So it needs to be created under lnsfw on both Win32 and Win64 ?

ie.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lnsfw]
    "MaxSPIEntries"=dword:00000400

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

For Win32, yes.
    For x64 the lnsfw key should be already there.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.