2.000.11 issues with BOINC distributed computing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by paulr, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulr

paulr Registered Member

Hello everyone, new member here. I've been using NOD32 for almost a year now and have been generally happy with it.

I just ran across a problem with IMON and BOINC software. In particular, I am running a new version of BOINC for climateprediction.net.

When the BOINC program connects with the CP server, an XML file is transmitted to the client. It seems that the IMON module is adding a character to the very beginning of this file (carriage return?) that is causing the BOINC client to choke. I have compatibility set to maximum.

In order to get things working, I had to exclude the BOINC executable from scanning.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Can you please, send a email to beta2011@eset.sk describing you problem...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. paulr

paulr Registered Member

Email sent. Excluding the executables from IMON protection didn't work though. I had to turn off HTTP scanning.

I'll update when I get an answer.

4. paulr

paulr Registered Member

After a reply from ESET and a request to use a logging version of a dll, I captured the error and sent it back. They claimed the problem was fixed in 2.12 and gave me a link to it (this email was on 8/26) . They asked me to check this version so I downloaded it and the problem was not fixed so I sent another email detailing the continuing problem. I have not received any response from them.

Since then I installed the released version and the problem remains... Still awaiting a response from ESET.

5. Blackspear

Thanks for the update, would appreciate being kept up to date with your progress as it goes...

6. paulr

paulr Registered Member

Sure thing! :)

I was sent another imon.dll which fixed my issue. The person I was talking with has been notified that this version resolved the problem.

Regards,
    Paul

7. Blackspear

Thanks for the update, good to see it was resolved...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.