1st post, 1st (set of) questions..

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by DeeDee, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeDee

DeeDee Registered Member

First off, I want to say hi to everyone, this is one of the best forums out there I ever visited. I spend here in average 2-3 hours per day but never registered. Typical info leecher. :)

As I see there are many experts here, (all my respect goes to Paranoid2000 and a few of his kind, from whom I learnt alot and many many others, whose names I don't recall) I dare ask if my 'config for surfing/emailing' is good enough for a bullet proof privacy.

Here goes.

So, firstly I'm behind a router (192... IP) and when I go 'out' my IP changes to 82...So basicaly software installed don't even know my 'ISP assigned IP'.

When I plunge out, first I connect to my private paid VPN (russian, I heard they are good with it), so my real IP 82... turns into 62... + encryption.

Internal, I have a well configured Proxomitron (grabbed and tweaked some nice configs from ppl like you, set everything as 'secure' as possible - java as little as accepted to press 'send' or to post here and there, ip spoofed, headers spoofed etc) which gets linked to my Firefox 127.. through FreeCap.

In freecap to launch Proxomitron I use paid russian socks5 admin (paid anonymously with e-gold).
    From my admin I can choose whatever socks5 I want, just type city,country etc.

So I am ending out with this socks' IP. Actually with the spoofed IP from Proxomitron, it actually shows this socks as my proxy for my real IP (which is the spoofed one from proxomitron and which is rotating).

I know this may seem confusing, but what do you thing guys?

To sum up, there are a few IPs in this. my own, which is taken over by VPN, and then Firefox with proxomitron socked5 and spoofed. Does this make any sense?

Am I 'bulletproof'? Because I think if something happens to my socks or proxomitron and it leaks, than the next visible IP will be that of the russian VPN.

Another thing, it happens for my proxomitron,during a page load -e.g. during a https session and not only - to show an error saying 'could not connect to socks 34.. the socks is refusing connections -the socks in the freecap).

Weird though, because, it says so but it goes on (the page continues to load and completes). Does that mean that in that particular moment, the page saw my real IP? Or did it see my VPN? Or what? I tried to look it up in the log window of Proxomitron but couldn't find anything re that.

I am quite confused and I'd like some advice and enlightenment. Please bear with me, I am not a native English speaker, though I believe I write better than 'itsmej'. My mind explodes after reading his threads/posts, so I hope here will not be the case also, at least not entirely. :D

Stay safe and have a wonderful day and thank you for reading my dillemas!

DD

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Registered Member

70 views and no reply... Thanks for reading, at least :cautious:

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Sorry for no responses but it may be because of the little knowledge of your product. But I am sure you have checked here for a possible answer.

4. herbalist

herbalist Guest

Does this only happen with https sessions? Which version of Proxomitron are you using? There's 2 different versions of Proxomitron 4.5, a May and a June release. The May version has a fallback to direct connection feature. See http://www.proxomitron.info/files/may-vs-june.html
    A utility like Sysinternals TCPView will let you view the local connections and see if this is what's happening.

I haven't used freecap so I have no idea how to configure the two to work. There might be some info in one of the threads for using TOR, Proxo, sockscap, etc together. See if anything here helps.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.