1394 error when booting TI9 boot CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by johnnykwc, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnykwc

johnnykwc Registered Member

I got the following error when booting the TI9 boot CD.

"ieee1394: configROM quadlet tranaction error for node 1-00:1023"

I have Atholon64 3200+ with ASUS A8n SLI Deluxe. Both the MB and my Creative Audigy ZS sound card has firewire support. But non of the devices were power on at the time.

What does the error mean? Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Johnny

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please recreate the bootable rescue media with the latest build and see whether the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet nofw, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If that does not help, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. johnnykwc

johnnykwc Registered Member

The 'quiet nofw' option got rid of the error. So what does that mean?

Thanks!

Johnny

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The 'quiet nofw' parameter helps to load Linux kernel in the particular situations.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread.
    We will provide you with a special ISO image in order to create the new bootable rescue media which does not require to modify Linux kernel command line every time.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.