(111) Disk error RR?? NOD 2.5

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by maxy007, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxy007

maxy007 Guest

When trying to install NOD32 2.5 trial I get the following error message. "(111) Disk error RR"
    What does this mean? I've deleted all files ESET folder etc but when i try to clean install I receive a message asking me if I want to use current settings (It doesn't matter if I tick or untick the box) and then I go through the setup process and right before it's finished i get the error message above.I've defraged the drive and scan disked but still have no luck. My hard drive is a new SCSI if that makes any difference. I mention that because My other pc HD is a standard ATA and NOD installed no problems,

2. zashita

zashita Registered Member

The Windows error 111 is ERROR_BUFFER_OVERFLOW (the file name is too long), according to Windows Error codes list avaible here .
    I know that Nod32 uses Windows GetLastError(), but I don't know if this one is from this or not.
    If it can hepls .....

Regards

3. maxy007

maxy007 Guest

Thanks for replying zashita. I'm not sure how the name being to long would effect the install though? Seeing as the same version of NOD installed on my other PC with no problems at all.

Cheers,

Maxy

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

What previous Anti-virus do/did you have?

Cheers :D

5. maxy007

maxy007 Guest

I had an earlier full version of NOD32 and uninstalled it. I then installed 2.5 and keep getting the error message. I even started the comp in safe mode but it still wouldn't install??

6. Blackspear

Do the following files exist?

C Drive> Windows> Temp

C Drive> Documents and Settings> (User Name) XXXXXX> Local Settings> Temp

7. maxy007

maxy007 Guest

I'll have to check tomorrow. If they do exist do I need to clean them out?

Cheers,

Maxy

8. Blackspear

You can, no harm in doing so...

9. maxy007

maxy007 Guest

I deleted the temp folders and am still getting the error. During install there is still a tick in the box asking if I want to keep my current settings even though NOD was uninstalled using add/remove programs? Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Maxy

10. Blackspear

Did you remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files after uninstalling?

11. maxy007

maxy007 Guest

Hi Blackspear,
    Yes I did. I scandisked the drive. I also Ran system mechanic and registry first aid. I just restarted the comp in safe mode tried to reinstall and I'm still getting the same error message. This is driving me nuts and that's the kids job :)

12. hadi

hadi Guest

If you have the backup after running system mechanic and registry first aid, Try to roll them back, I think the problem lies there.

13. Blackspear

While I and others still ponder on your problem and offer solutions, can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

14. maxy007

maxy007 Guest

Hi Blackspear,
    Great news!! After much head scratching, lots of deep breaths and a cuppa I finally fixed it. I went through the registry and deleted the NOD32 and ESET entries manually and I also stopped the Admin service which hadn't disappeared after the previous uninstall. All seems to be fine now and I thank you for trying to help me out.

Cheers,

Maxy

15. Blackspear

Good to see Maxy, and thanks for letting us know.

16. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When reinstalling NOD32, it's always necessary to reboot the machine prior to running setup.exe, or you may end up with the error above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.