$10 Off Coupon Code For Norton AntiBot

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoErgoSum, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

2. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

The link from the coupon page to purchase Antibot must be blocked on my computer, so I went to the Symantec site to see if it would take the coupon. In the cart, I applied the coupon code and it worked. Well almost, it gave me a $3.00 discount instead of $10. o_O

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Thanks for the info. However, I am compelled to warn folks this: AntiBot 's subscription fee only covers re-d/l within the first 60 days, beyond that, you need to purchase an option called "extended d/l service" charging extra $ 6.95, in order to continue d/l prevelige during the remaining one year. Therefore your saving is ONLY $ 3.00. But the good thing is that the license is good for up to 3 pcs in your household. You give and then be given. The dev must know how to please users. ;)

4. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Another option would be to go with Sana Security Primary Response, http://www.sanasecurity.com/

It's what Antibot is based on. Antibot is just clone of Sana Security Primary Response. You can download Sana Security Primary Response as many times as you want from the website. You just have to enter your activation code into the program. They both cost the same.

5. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Or you could save the downloaded installer file somewhere for later use if you need it.

I'd personally go with AntiBot. No particular reason, just that Sana's UI looks really ugly.

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Hi, thanks for the info. I have done that 2 weeks ago. I dislike AB's d/l policy; I was a victim to few apps with similar d/l setup some time ago. From then on, I keep distant from those schemes. I am using PRSC daily and am very much content with, although there are few rooms for improvements. I have bought a 2 years license with 50% discount on second year, hoping nothing like Ewido saga ever happened again. Take care.

7. CogitoErgoSum

8. Cloudcroft

Thanks, CogitoErgoSum, but I couldn't get the coupon to work back in September when I saw your post, and I can't get it to work now. If it's working for everybody else, maybe I need to try it on a different computer?

Edit: These $10 off coupons appear to be 10% off instead. Mislabelled?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  9. Cloudcroft

Does anyone know if Antibot is an exact clone of Sana Security Primary Response? Are all features the same?

10. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Much better tested to work well with other Symantec software like NIS and NAV.

11. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

As far as I can tell, they're EXACTLY the same. Only difference is the UI - AntiBot looks prettier. But if you can get over the UI, I do suggest you go for PSRC instead, as Symantec tech support for AntiBot is rather lousy (perhaps because it's not their product at all, just a rebranded product from another company).

"Tested to work with NIS/NAV" is a load of hogwash, as PSRC itself never had any problems with Symantec products in the first place.

12. CogitoErgoSum

Hello Cloudcroft,

Please take a look at the following links.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1058317&postcount=2
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1073492&postcount=64
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1073639&postcount=74

Lastly, I was able to confirm that the latest coupon code is only worth a $3 discount. Because of this, going forward I will test all future coupon codes to make sure that one is able to benefit from the maximum discount before starting a new thread at Wilders.

Hope this helps.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

13. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Sana's PRSC does make two versions available: one for general use, the other is more geared for Norton AV users. I am using the first version. I would speculate that the second version is more or less the source of AB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.