10 Commercial Disk Imaging Software Features and Backup/Restore Speed Comparison

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by newbino, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbino

newbino Registered Member

10 Commercial Disk Imaging Software Features and Backup/Restore Speed Comparison
    link

2. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Ahhh he didnt test Image for Windows/Drive Snapshot....
    But its still interesting.

3. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Thanks for the link, very usefull test.
    SPD is the fastest when we speak about backup from rescue disk :thumb:

4. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Thanks...interesting read. Unfortunately it is pretty hard to test reliability of backups in tests like this. I had lots of problems with Acronis 9 & 10 not being able to restore backups. SPD, on the other hand has been bullet proof!

5. DLE

DLE Registered Member

I would caution anyone buying Imaging Software not to buy it based on bells and whistles or speed. When it comes down to it reliability is number one. The ability to save and restore without errors is all that counts! His number one Acronis 2010 was a complete disaster for me and corrupted my machine to the point I had to do a full recovery. On the other hand StorageProtect has proven to be a reliable product.

6. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Its all a bit of luck too with new releases. Acronis is fast thats true but look at this bug:
    http://forum.acronis.com/forum/5475
    I changed back to Image for Windows because of that.
    The funny thing is i had installed Acronis (the version before the one mentioned in the above post 5055) because Image for Windows failed to recover an Image and that after 40-50 good restores. The validate showed everything ok and the restore restored successfully but it couldnt boot with a weird error (Win7).
    Now with a version after the one i had IfW works ok again.
    The new version of Acronis released today (6053) doenst seem to fix the hang issue...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
  7. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I second that. Acronis is bloated and unreliable - so low price is irrelevant. Thank goodness for Shadow Protect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.