10 Build 4942 - An Interesting 5 hours....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by darrylr, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrylr

darrylr Registered Member

Thought I'd upgrade to the latest version. Bad mistake.
    Running Vista Ultimate (upgraded from Home Premium) on an HP dv9230 laptop with Office 2007 and Norton 2007 installed.

The install kept failing - said it was 'interrupted.' By what? The installer was notoriously uncommunicative, about what interrupted it and what it was doing at the time. Just that ridiculous thermometer bar.

Anyway, uninstalled the prior version, no change.
    Kept retrying, rebooting and retrying. Finally it went...about an hour ago.

Then on the mandatory reboot Windows STOPped. timntr.sys missing or corrupt. Booted Vista Installation from my USB drive and got to the command prompt, copied the timntr version 3.3.0.443 to the windows\system32\drivers and then got another STOP for the snapman.sys file...copied version 3.0.0.303 and it succeeded in booting.

Hmmmmm...I may have figured out the cause...I keep a particular folder in "Documents" and my local "Temp" folder encrypted with EFS. Apparently the installer uses the local Temp folder and upon moving the files to \Windows\System32\Drivers the remained encrypted.

I'll test that tomorrow when time permits.

What bothers me is the fact that it would not install and kept rolling back and giving me no clue whatsoever as to what the problem was. This is unacceptable. I'll go in with Process Explorer tomorrow and see what I can discover.o_O

2. saph03

saph03 Registered Member

darrylr,

Did you ever discover any cause for the problem?
    I'm having install problems as well, and I'm concerned about your notes about getting STOP errors.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello darrylr and saph03,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please clear the "Documents and Settings\(Account Name)\Local Settings\Temp" folder, and try installing again.
    Please also try temporarily disabling/uninstalling antivirus and firewall software and installing the product again.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please collect the installation log file the way it is described in this previous post of mine.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:
    - download and unpack the Device Tree application;
    - run the application;
    - completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;
    - make a screen shot;

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. MTX

MTX Registered Member

Turn OFF Norton 2007 before you install.

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

There was another message here where the user got True Image 10 to install after cleaning out the Temp folders. The best software for doing this is CCleaner (it's free). Anyone who browses the web should be using this software anyway. It is a must nowadays. It will also clean out the Temporary Internet Files folder and also the Cookies folder. It also has an okay Registry cleaner as another feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.