10.1 Recovery/Backup Free Version Error Message

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Username12345, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Username12345

Username12345 Registered Member

I am encountering an i/o error: restoring a C Drive partition with the 10.1 free version to a USB drive. Just testing the backup/restore process of the software on a Windows 7 64Bit machine.

I have contacted Paragon Support and am waiting on an email reply but the communication back/forth is slow.

They recommended that I try changing out the USB cable and booting from a CD to do the restore. I tried that but the program still errors out. I then tried a completely different USB drive/enclosure and different cable. The restore process continued longer than the first attempt but eventually errored out as well.

Any assistance would truly be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello,

Can you provide more information on the sizes of the USB, and whether it's an external hard drive or flash drive. Also, what is the size of the original system partition and the size of the restored partition.

I/O errors usually indicate there was an interruption with one of the devices. If you have anything else connected at the time, try disconnecting them temporarily. This includes memory card readers, other external drives, and printers with memory card readers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.