1 user licence and dual boot

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vinn, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinn

vinn Registered Member

I have dual boot with 2 hard drives. Can I install a single user licence version on both hdds?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Unless the EULA has changed since last year...."the license is per computer". Your dual boot's have to be of the same platform(i.e. 2 Linux dual boots or 2 Windows dual boots). You can not have 1 Linux and 1 Windows on your "dual boot with 2 hard drives".

Buy 1 license for 1 computer with multi-OS ?

Bubba

3. vinn

vinn Registered Member

Thanks, my 2 OS's are win2kpro.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I just called ESET (in USA) and they said that a single license can be used withOS on a multiboot system,

I was only concerned about Windoze, so I did not ask about *ix.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for letting us know ! :D :D

7. Howard Kaikow

I fergot to ask ESET the following.

If I have OS on F and G, and I install NOD32 in the OS on G on, say, 12 Jan 2007, then I install NOD32 in the OS on F on, say, 23 Aug 2007, when does the clock start ticking for the 1-year subscription for the NOD 32 on F?

If the NOD32 subscription on F is restricted by the earlier date on G, then multiboot installation has a timing issue. Typically, the OS on a multiboot system are installed on quite differentdaze, so synchronizing multiboot install of NOD32 would be difficult.

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It has nothing whatsoever to do with installation; the license lasts for 12 months from time of purchase, or 2 years from the time of purchase for a 2 year license.

Cheers :D

9. Howard Kaikow

I would think that it has to be tied to first install as there is no way to know when NOD32 was purchased if you buy from, say, NewEgg.

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The vast majority of licenses are sold and from that purchase date the license time begins. There are promotional licenses that you have to activate, however these are not widely available.

Cheers :D

11. Howard Kaikow

Well, I believe that the date should be based on the activation.
    For exaple, on my multiboot PC, the AV on the main OS expires in August 2007, but the AVs on the other OS all expire sometime in Feb 2007.

So, I guess that I would have to purchase from someplace llike Newegg to be able to activate appropriately.

Not to mention, I usually buy AV software when there are advantageous prices, sometimes not installing the software for a year or 2.

For example, I have NAV 2004 on two of the OS and those subscriptions expire in Feb 2007. At that time, I will replace them with 2 unused NAV 2005 licenses, then a year later with 2 unused NAV 2006 licenses.

Of course, the OS are Windows 2000, and NAV 2007 no longer supports Windows 2000. So, I've been on a buying binge for windows 2000 AV software.

It seems that I cannot take advantage of purchasing NOD32, either at full or reduced price, as the purchase date, instead of the activation date, renders the product unusable at the time I would need to install for Windows 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.