1.still on version 669 & 2. scan query

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by apache, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apache

apache Registered Member

hi,
    I have version 669 and I have read that there is now version 672, I am receiving updates on a regular basis - twice , three times a day sometimes -but nothing to indicate that my "version" needs to be updated. Is this something I need to worry about?

My second question is probably slightly daft to techical bods , but when I am completing a full scan - which I do twice a week - can I still use the internet or is the anti virus 'inactive' whilst the scan is in progress..

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

3. apache

apache Registered Member

Many thanks for the reply , understand point 2, however confused over point 1.

i have read the thread on version 672, I am Uk based so I would appear to fit the criteria for the version . It then goes on about 100% cpu usage and whether this wil be fixed , but unless I missed it , there is no reference to newer versions downloading automatically.

So , am I required to uninstall version 669 and then reinstall version 672?. which brings me onto another point if so, do i need to do this or will version 669 last me up until my licence expires in 2010?

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello apache,

There have been no Program Component Upgrades (PCU). There is no need to worry as long as they aren't having any problems.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. apache

apache Registered Member

thanks rmuffler,

That's all I needed to know

merry christmas.

6. elapsed

My link was to the changelog, which was 1 line, not really an emergency update.

As far as ESET goes, all clients are "free", you're only really paying for the license. Buying a license allows you to use any version of nod32 and provides it updates.

7. apache

apache Registered Member

I wasn't confused but now I am , I dont really understand the above reply.

So I keep version 669, but there is a newer version, it's then my choice if I wish to download the newer version or not?.

I thought the idea of newer versions was that they fixed bugs in previous versions? so should we not be receiving an update notice saying something like " a newer version is now available for download"

8. elapsed

Yes it ia your choice to download it, your license will work on any version.

No it will not tell you there's a newer version unless there is some critical change that ESET decides to put it in the auto-update.

9. CivilTaz

CivilTaz Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.