0xc0000005 error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zedoz, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zedoz

zedoz Registered Member

Whenever I do a search in windows I get the below errors each and every time:

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module backupfileplace.dll, version 1.0.17.108, fault address 0x0007ae44.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00011e58

I noticed the driver(s) in question are linked to Acronis. Once I uninstalled Acronis the problem did not occur.

I think the problem is linked with IE7 being installed.

Just as well they give a trial. Always had doubts about imaging programs that back-up when windows is running at the same time. Files are normally locked.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Although for image backups, Acronis TI does not access the data via the file interface. It accesses at the sector level so it doesn't care about file locks.

F.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zedoz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please reproduce the issue and create a screen shot of the error messages? Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Also as foghorne noticed, Acronis True Image uses a special snapshot technology that allows to backup open files. I would also recommend that you have a look at this previous post describing how Acronis True Image works in more details.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. MikeE

MikeE Registered Member

If I am correct, backups of entire disk/partition images do so on a sector by sector basis. What about selected files/folders. Is the same the case and if there are open files in use can they also be backedup.

Thanks

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MikeE,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

File/folder backups are created using the same snapshot technology which is used for partition/drive imaging. Therefore, you can backup files that are currently in use.
    You may also want to take a look at this previous post

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.