0x8004210A error in outlook

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by purplenezz, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplenezz

purplenezz Registered Member

Since I installed NOD32 I can send email but I cant recieve any. My mail provider said that this is an anti-virus thing. Below is the error I am getting

- Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Troubleshooting steps I did:
    Increase the server time out
    I know my setting are correct cause it is working via webmail
    Change the MTU in the router
    Lower down the IMON Compatibility

Please help!!!!! I dont want to disable my anti virus!!!

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

3. purplenezz

Been there, done that....also I am using outlook 2003

any more ideas?

4. ThunderZ

That was my best shot. Just did a Google of the error number. There were a bunch of other links. Till someone else checks in I am out of suggestions. Sorry. :doubt:

Just did another Google adding outlook 2003 to the error code. From the quick read I did there is a different fix for 03 as opposed to 02.

5. purplenezz

Thanks!!! hopefully someone can give me an answer....

I also googled it, went to microsoft support, emailed my mail provider, now i am waiting for the reply of eset, checking everything the comes in this forum search engine.....

when i purchased this and installed it on all of my stores, everything works fine, but now, I just opened two stores and they bought have the same problem!!!...grrrr.... i really dont know what is happening....

hey, just got another idea, let me try it....the difference between the 2 stores and the existing stores is, outlook is already running when I installed NOD32, now on my two new stores, I installed NOD32 first, then when I got my internet line, that time I configured their outlook...let me try to uninstall it first,...fix my outlook...then install NOD32 back....

i'll keep you posted!!!...thanks!!!!

6. ThunderZ

Keep us posted. Between now and you checking back in perhaps someone will show up with the fix if your possible solution has not worked.

7. purplenezz

still the same...it is not working without NOD...how can I check that this is uninstalled properly

8. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.