0x1105 Update Issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by OOZ662, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OOZ662

OOZ662 Registered Member

I've seen this asked about in so many places, yet not one has an answer. I've reinstalled the AV multiple times. Even people who responded to an ESET Moderator's request to zip the update directory and registry key have apparently gone unanswered and now I'm stuck with it.

The application has never successfully updated (downloaded and installed multiple times today, no previous installation) and is running database [noparse]4754 (2010010:cool:.[/noparse] Rarely it will appear to download a few files, but none will be applied.

Windows 7 Professional 32bit behind a router with UPnP enabled.

View attachment log.txt

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that you're using v. 4.2.22 beta and happened to change the path to the update server?

At any rate, I'd suggest doing the following:
    - uninstall EAV (you can run this uninstall tool if you encounter problems)
    - download the latest release version 4.0.474 from ESET's download page and install it

3. Nerimash

Nerimash Registered Member

Did your router able to route to ESET update servers? For example try to trace route to u20.eset.com(Start cmd.exe and type following string: tracert u20.eset.com) if your router is not able to do so you need to configure your router / local dns server properly.

4. OOZ662

OOZ662 Registered Member

Version is 4.0.474, though I'll give that a try.

Strangely enough, the connection drops at hop 22. Apparently it's some IP in the Czech Republic...some fancy routing there. :D Not sure how to resolve that one.

5. OOZ662

OOZ662 Registered Member

Reinstalled again as per requested. Now the program simply repeatedly tells me that the definitions are up to date, yet shows that an update has never been run and that it's using version 4754 (20100108 ). Trying the tracert to u20.eset.com again, I'm successfully getting through.

Could it be that the trial version isn't allowed to update? I'm currently waiting for funds to be deposited before I buy. If that's the case, it really ought to be better documented as such.

1/23/2010 3:05:56 AM Update Updater: retval = 0x5003, failures: 0, regretval = 0x6000 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    1/23/2010 3:05:55 AM Update Updater: Switch DEVEL modules retval = 0x00005007 [NOT NEED] NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm not aware of any large update recently that would prioritize paying users. However, you can apply for a 30-day trial license here and use the acquired username and password to download the full version and see if it helps.

7. Nerimash

Nerimash Registered Member

Marcos, i think that problem can be caused by some sort of software and / or malware.

OOZ662, did you have similar problem with updating other antivirus software like Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky etc? Do you use other security software like comercial firewal? Because that sort of software is always installing NDIS(network dispatcher) drivers which may has some compatibility problems with ESET software. If so, than you may try temporary disable / uninstall that software.

But in common cases SysInspector log may shed more light on your problem.

8. OOZ662

OOZ662 Registered Member

Spybot and CCleaner haven't found anything. ThreatFire is the only other security-based program installed and I disable it while installing NOD32. I'll look into SysInspector when I have a bit more time.

9. OOZ662

OOZ662 Registered Member

10. OOZ662

OOZ662 Registered Member

Just a few minutes ago it managed to autoupdate just fine...this confuses me so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.