=0 Xerox and hp spyware

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:eek: :mad:omfg i just heard the most f up thing on a radio show

im so pisst i exactly like that song right now by Korn

Turns out Xerox And Hp put some firm ware and hardware what i like to call also spyware that destroys your printer

turns out theres some kind of counter with the ink cartridges

or page counter

its not all software so bypassing it is next to imposiable and would only be a temp fix if you hacked it

thers this flash counter and chip in the printers all printers now

that after it reachs a certin amount of copys the thing purposly goes out

like i think 15,000 copy or 20,000 when technicaly these suckers can print up to 40,000 to 60,000 befor they realy do start to die out

replacement part is anywhere from starting 200 dollers to 500 dollers

that more then damn printer

heres the stinker the real truth is they throw alway the chip replace it and just reset the counter

cost of chip is 15 dollers

truth is they jack you hell of hard

anyone else hear the same thing?

is it trure

newbies want to know lol

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have not heard that, but Lexmark and one other printer maker got sued for having their printers read the amount of ink left incorectly so it would quit printing so you would have to buy more ink when in reality you had about 30% ink left. Printers are cheap enough that I can't hardly believe that they would go to that much trouble and take the chance they would be found out and probably loose most of their customers over it o_O

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Most businesses have been doing it for years. It's called "planned obsolesence". It's purely profit for the bottom line. The worst thing is that unless you've got an insider that blows the whistle, it's next to impossable to prove.

4. bigc73542

The US auto makers used to do it all the time until they realized that the Japanese cars wern't wearing out like Ford Chevy and Chrysler. Things have gotten better since they got some good competition ;)

Attached Files:

5. GoonMan

GoonMan Registered Member

Not sure if this applies to any other XPPro users but on my sons Laptop he was locked out of his Admin pass word after 738 log ins. He contacted GateWay and they said he had to contact Microsoft because it had to do with computer security and they could not help.

He called Microsoft and they said it would be $35 to help him fix it or he would have to reformat his hard drive.

We did not reformat we found a way to fix it. :D

I believe this is a scam. As far as I know this password lock should have never been set.

6. bigc73542

It is a crying shame that there are so many greedy companies out there taking advantage of it's own customers. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.