+0 big pile of dung

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Mr.Blaze, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:pNorton ghost 2003 is the snipped some "unkind words" - no bashing over here - Forum Admin i have had the misfortune of ever runing across my pc

at first the install and the little flash tutorials make norton ghost seem like a guardian angel on your side

they make it look so newby frindly

:mad: but it not upon runing it lol it makes you disable goback

this in itself is stupit its like playing rushin ruolet

what if norton miss up my pc there no way to go back and save my hard drive

any program that plays with backing up your hard drive you need a program like goback enabled

just to be on the safe side

any program that asks you to disable the following system restore or goback is just a bad software

plus what if i want to back up my goback saved settings and days saved?

when i ran the program norton ghost it almost seem the same as the little preview till i got to the part just befor setting up the burn befor norton goes in to dos or so called norton ghost dos

gave me c$ap about usb drivers this and that and to click on advance and blah blah blah only to even get me more lost cause what next

something about keybord usb 1.0 cd something usb 1.0 and mouse usb 1.0 blah blah blah

then it goes into a stupit dos mode or something i yhink to back up the harddrive which in my opnione is stupit its obviose my pc can use nortion ghost mode dos thinghy
    if im stareing at the screen

but my cd burner has problems burning in this mode
    maybe because i cant set the burn process or config it to a lower burn setting my cd burner is supose to burn at 48 but it has problems at that speed so i been only able to burn perfectly at 16x

but can i set the burn settings in norton ghost noooooooo

blaze wouldnt even use the norton ghost cd as a beer coaster or freezby to play fetch with dogys utter garbage stick with true image

2. root

root Registered Member

Blaze, you can take that huge program and just make a Ghost floppy with it and that's all you need.
    When I boot to the floppy I get an error message saying it couldn't load the Aspi layer, but it works anyway for backing up to my E:drive.
    Actually any of the older Ghost programs makes the one floppy and that's all you need for a simple image to another drive.

3. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

I use Ghost 2003 with the image of my main drive on a second removable drive. When I want to reinstall I just turn off the computer, insert the ghost floppy and second drive, boot to the ghost floppy and then transfer what I ghosted on the second drive back to my main one.

Works perfect every time.

Regards, Jade.

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dyou know i think there missing the main concept this is how a real program should work

have any of you guys used one of those gateway instilation disks

wouldnt it be nice if you could just back it up on several cd's pop it in and it automaticly starts installing just like the gate way cd's

pleas inset cd 2 pleas incert cd 3 ect ect

now everything installed

that would be very nice

just from a reguler dos

just pop in the cds and it does it all by itself first it installs the main operating sysystem then the drivers then your programs

why can gateway make this yet no one else can seem to get this typ of thing done in a real true back up

5. root

root Registered Member

Ghost will do that with an image. It will span CDs.
    I just don't mess with it.
    When you use something like a Gateway restore disk, you are right back to when you bought the computer. A long way from being up to date. That's why I ghost every week or so. Minimal work to bring my machine back up to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.