got virus from downloading syware guard..

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by freakedout, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freakedout

freakedout Registered Member

I downloaded a program to kepp it safe and I ended up with a virus which wouldn't let me access and anything and I payed $500 to fix it. Not happy at all.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you explain this a little more? What did you download and from where? What virus did you get and how did you find it?

3. virus

virus Guest

$500?? you got ripped off man!

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Freakedout,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems.

That said: as of now, you didn't provide any info concerning what virus you are talking about. Spyware Guard has been downloaded hundreds of thousands times lately, and no one reported being infected in one way or another.

It's pretty safe to state, in case your system has been infected, SpywareGuard has nothing to do with it in any way.

Please provide proof in regard to this "virus issue". In case you fail to do so, we will pull this specific thread in order to avoid unnecessary and unfounded confusion.

regards.

paul

5. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

This is a link to find out what how freakedout seemed to run into problems. I do not see any clues as to help him with his problem..mainly because he does not offer any detail of the messages he is getting or anything else that will help except he has win2000 and download spyware guard.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=13029;start=0

I think any virus he has is unrelated to the issue. But we will certainly need specific questions answered to help him.

Anyone else have some ideas?

If he paid 500 bucks to have it fixed..I think he had a hardware failure of some kind that occured at the same time.

Freakedout..what hardware did they replace on your system and what did They tell you was the problem?

Where did you have it repairedo_O?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.