First Use Fails - Computer shut down

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NielN, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NielN

NielN Guest

First Use Fails

I installed TI9 tonight (build 2.245, downloaded from Newegg today), and the first attempt at making a full drive image hung the computer. I was making a full image of C: to an essentially empty 240G D: drive. I'm running Win98SE, 2GHz Athlon XP, 512M ram.

I powered down and rebooted, and the second time I tried it everything worked fine.

I think that someone on the NewEgg reviews had the same experience.

Acronis--This is a bug that should be eventually looked at. Otherwise TI9 seems to be a good and useful program.

Thanks,

NielN

2. NielN

NielN Guest

Computer shut down

I have tried TI9 on two different systems now, and on both systems, the program bombed and hung the computer after a full image backup was started. One got to 1%, the other to 3%. TI9 seems to work OK after you hit the reset button on the computer, reboot, and try it again.

Also on both computers, I can't shut down the computer now without getting error messages. One computer gives a blue screen naming "SNAPMAN" as the problem, the other computer gives a blue screen but not naming the offending module.

This problem (not being able to shut down without errors) started on both computers after installing TI9. The computers have significantly different hardware--one being a one year old Athlon XP and the other being a 4 year old AMD K6-3. Both have 512M ram. They are both running Win98SE.

This shutdown issue IS really a problem. I usually don't buy brand new software and instead wait for other people to spend their time debugging it for the company. I thought I was getting TI8 from NewEgg (that's what it said on the online catalog, and that's what the email receipt says), but when the download occurred, I got TI9--a product only a few weeks old, apparently full of bugs.

Niel

3. NeverPanic

NeverPanic Guest

Re: Computer shut down

After running TI8 happily/nightly for months with never one single glitch, I installed TI9 when it was announced. Bad move.

It wasn't that TI9 initially crashed at launch, it appears to have caused general bad behavior in my machine. Blue screens, boot-up anomalies (failure of all boot-time programs to launch and others), total shtdown of our Starband satellite support, and on and on.

I finally uninstalled TI9 completely, and everything has returned to normal.

Yes, I realize that ...47 is available (the above was with ...45), but do I dare undertake further beta/experimentation?

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Re: Computer shut down

Niel - email Acronis support details of your situation together with a copy of your order receipt showing that you were purchasing TI8. I would expect they should give you access to download a copy of TI8. You would normally be entitled to a free upgrade to TI9 since you bought after the date which was 30 days before the release of TI9. So you should also be able to keep the TI9 version and update it as new TI9 builds are released. As TI9 becomes more stable you could then use it.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: First Use Fails

Hello NielN,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm really sorry for your inconvenience, caused by such a behaviour of Acronis software.

Please do as I have suggested in this previous post of mine. The new build should solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.