Purchase from Acronis, or no free upgrade !

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thebigdintx, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

I purchased Acronis True Image 8.0 less than 30 days ago from CompUSA, and had sent Acronis Support an e-mail asking if I would get the free upgrade to version 9.0. Well, I got my response from Acronis Support, and here it is as quoted from an e-mail they sent me:

"Please be aware that we can provide free upgrade only for the customers who purchased Acronis True Image 8.0 from Acronis online store. Please contact CompUSA in order to solve the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Sincerely yours,
    Konstantin Karikov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 115
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com

Acronis Customer Service Department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com"

I think that is poor customer service that Acronis will only give you the free upgrade if you purchased your previous copy directly from them. And it would be nice if they told you that on their website somewhere (like the page where they refer you to other online stores to buy it would be nice !).
    :mad:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thebigdintx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Actually, we do provide free upgrades for those customers who purchased Acronis True Image 8.0 in other stores then Acronis onine store. I beleive that the reply you have got from Konstantin was made by accident. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Please send a reply to that letter from Acronis Support and ask for the free upgrade once more. Please do not forget to attach the the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Me too, me, too...hey, hey...me too! :D

Can I scan my receipt and send it to support@acronis.com? I do not want to open my TI8 from CompUSA 'til then.

4. Wyle Coyote

Wyle Coyote Registered Member

I just sent support an email since I am in the same situation as the original poster. I haven't scanned my receipt yet, but I will be happy to do it if they want it.

Waiting hopefully...

5. hardhead

hardhead Registered Member

I also have sent an email too. Here's my situation. Read here and below.

I decided to keep it rather than go through the hassle to send it back. I was going to format my computer first before I installed the program and wanted to wait until November 10, 2005 to do this. I received Acronis True Image 8.0 today.

Do I have to install Acronis True Image 8.0 today to be eligible for a free upgrade for version 9.0.? Can I get the free upgrade please to Acronis True Image 9.0.?
    I will install it now if I have to in order to get the free upgrade. I have registered at your website but haven't installed the program yet, so I don't know the serial numbers yet. Can you please advise as to what I need to do.

I bought it at http://www.jr.com.

Lookie here I made the post in the forum about the update.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=98411 :D

Regards,
    hardyhar

6. xml

xml Guest

Fortunate for those who subscribe to this thread. Income for Acronis for those who don't?

7. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

After I e-mailed Acronis back, they finally did give me the free upgrade ! So it just appears that all the Acronis Support personel were not on the same page regarding their policy. Well, I for one am certainly glad that Acronis did allow the free upgrade because it restored my faith in them as a good company with a good product. Thank you Acronis....that is the kind of customer service that will earn you loyal customers. :)

8. xml

xml Guest

hooray for your thread. I have my doubts the "page" would have been read any differently had it not been voiced publicly.

9. dpic

dpic Registered Member

The same page......well maybe there is a new edition. No matter, this is a good policy, and there should be a sticky note at the top of the page announcing this policy.

10. hardhead

Thanks for your email support. :D
    I got it today.

11. Gabbyfire

Gabbyfire Registered Member

Thank God for this message board. Check this out. I just purchased True Image 8.0 from TigerDirect.com on 9/16/05 only to find out 9.0 was out there. The copy I received was made by something called "Software to Go" that TigerDirect uses to make copies Acronis software (with their permission I assume). However, the copy they sent me has a Build number of 768! The current Build is 937. Acronis is offering a download update but it is 24.7MB and I have dialup! And to top things off after installing the program I now get an MBR Error 2. Boy am I in way over my head. However I am going to try to get that free upgrade. Any help out there with this MBR Error 2?? Thanks.

12. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Gabbyfire, and welcome to the forum.
    So as not to take this thread off topic, please start a new one regarding the MBR Error.

Thank you,

snap

13. Gabbyfire

Gabbyfire Registered Member

Thanks Snapdragin, As soon as I figure out how to start a new Thread I will do. :)
    Gabby

14. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I got ATI 8 on 9/14/05 from Newegg.com. The serial number was wrong. I asked a new seriial number from Acronis on 9/15/05 and I got one from Mr. Dennis Kurochkin, Acronis customer service. Last week I sent emails twice asking to Dennis for free upgrade to ATI 9. He even did not bother replying to me. Acronis produces wonderful products but Acronis customer service sucks. After reading Mr. Alexey Popov's post under this thread, I sent an email again to Dennis Kurochkin asking for free upgrade. I hope to get one this time. sarutaro

15. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

If you haven't already done so you should attach a copy of the purchase receipt to your request for free upgrade.

16. mwb1100

mwb1100 Registered Member

Can someone from Acronis clarify the upgrade policy if I purchase TrueImage 8 today (9/28 )? Other messages seem to indicate that if I buy 8 today I will not get a no cost upgrade.

I want to buy TrueImage 9, but I'd like to purchase from newegg as I already have a customer relationship with them and they have good prices.

However, they still have version 8 for sale - version 9 is not there, yet.

Will I be able to upgrade at no cost, or do I have to wait (impatiently) for newegg to start selling 9?

17. hardhead

Hello mwb1100,

This is quote from Acronis support that I recieved in email. Note that I posted too in this thread above.

18. mwb1100

mwb1100 Registered Member

My understanding from some other messages is that if you purchase version 8 after 9/20 then they will not upgrade at no cost.

I want to verify that... if that is correct, then I will not be buying until newegg switch over to version 9. So it comes down to does Acronis/newegg want my money now or later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.