Acronis 9 Processing failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by henryl2, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henryl2

henryl2 Registered Member

Installation from version 8 to 9 or as a clean instation was ok.

HOWEVER :blink: : then there are the fatal operational errors as following:

True Image - upgrade - Version 9, build 2,245

Pick a task - ok [backup]

Create Backup Wizard - ok

Select Backup Type - ok

Partition Selection -

Application error

the instruction at "0x00643f9d" referenced memory at "0x00000000"' The memory could not be "read"'

Click on OK to terminate program
    Click Cancel to debug the program

I just bought the upgrade.
    I got the crash on the straight upgrade;
    I did a complete uninstall, then ran as above,

The same results.

Did not have any problems with version 8.

Either you have a bad program & I want my money back, OR

There is a good version 9 that I would like to have.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello henryl2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please make screen shots of your actions in the "Backup" wizard and a screen shot of the error message, then create Acronis Report (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send all the information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? This will allow us to investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. henryl2

I sent the report.txt with the foregoing information. I cannot make a print screen or image of the application error message.

4. Acronis Support

Hello henryl2,

Could you please also let us know the following information?

- What did you try to backup? (partitions or the entire hard drive)

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. Maniacikarus

Maniacikarus Guest

Hi I have the same Problem an still no idea what is wrong. I´ve just tried to start a job an when i would like to select the Backup Archive location by browsing the explorer the programm alway crashes. The same crash when trying to type the destination manual into the field.

I`d like to test ATI 9 but if this don´t work there is no need to purchase.

My Error message is in german

Anwendungspopup: TrueImage.exe - Fehler in Anwendung: Die Anweisung in "0x01f42256" verweist auf Speicher in "0x02603c58". Der Vorgang
    "read" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt werden.

or sometime like that

Anwendungspopup: TrueImage.exe - Fehler in Anwendung: Die Anweisung in "0x006444fd" verweist auf Speicher in "0x00000000". Der Vorgang
    "read" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt werden.

6. henryl2

I tried to do a partition.

henryl2

7. Acronis Support

Hello Maniacikarus,

Please create a screen shot of the error message and send it with the detailed information about the issue to support@acronis.com. This information will be of great help in solving this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. henryl2

Image has been sent. Awaiting answer. o_O

9. antdeclan

antdeclan Registered Member

Henryl2 - Yah I've just upgraded to TI 9.0 and it crashes with an XP Exception error, right after the point at which TI asks whether I want an incremental or a full backup.

Grrr, the XP error message doesn't seem to allow copy/paste from the error window.

TI 8.0 and previous always worked fine on my machine, so I am rather disappointed. Gonna have to roll back to TI 8.0 though because I'm exposed. Damn :(

I posted the error windows to Acronis.

Ant

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  10. Zombie

Zombie Guest

Look in the XP Event Viewer as the errors should be listed in there and you can copy/paste your errors.

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc

11. antdeclan

Thanks Zombie - I was able to copy and paste the XP error windows into my email client.

12. henryl2

Ant

I found a better solution to print screen & its free.

Gadwin PrintScreen at http://www.gadwin.com/products.htm;

I was able to do a printscreen image and email to Acronis Support.

:-*

13. kabelnet

kabelnet Registered Member

I used TI8 (very good!) and now I tried TI9 (pre-beta!).

I have similar problem as others: program error after the selection of partition to be saved. (I will send the screen capture...)

An other problem with TI9: I changed the settings in View menu, but the program does not save them. Next time the settings are the original ones.

The other functions I can not test, because I could not make any backup.

14. henryl2

Now it is getting messy.

I got an email from support indicating with link to build 2,247 (mine in 2,245).
    Albeit I was registered, thee was no version 9 software on the link, and
    most important no hint about what the operational problems were. o_O o_O

15. Anon

Anon Guest

My exact problem. I've registered my serial under an account with my registration email details. No updates available.

I really think an auto-update or a courtesy email with a "direct download link" would be appreciated for build updates, especially as people have already noted a number of problems with the original build. I'll give them several days grace being a new release but after that, i'm going to raise my expectations to the usual standard.

16. Acronis Support

Hello henryl2,

To download the latest build please do the following: My account -> Registered Products -> Acronis True Image 9.0 -> Download installation file. Also please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

17. dauphin

dauphin Registered Member

I am getting exactly the same problem as the other posters in this forum. After selecting the partition to back up, the program crashes with a Microsoft Error Report screen - I cannot find a way to view or copy the contents of the error file. Nothing is recorded in the TI9.0 log.
    I have replaced build 2245 with 2247 but it makes no difference.
    I have been using previous versions of TI for a long time now and have always had good experiences, but this is terrible.

18. teris

teris Registered Member

Re: Acronis support please read!!!

I too, had the same bad experience. Installed upgrade over TI8 (which was partitioned and backups to partition were running smoothly.
    However, after the install, TI9 crashed!
    Rebooted - fine
    Reran incremental backup to the secure zone - ran but produced error in module 100 code 5(0x640005). Crashed pc again!

Ran a repair install
    Rebooted
    Removed partitioned space but kept secure zone.
    Ran full backup to secure zone - completed with errors in module 100 again produced - error code 5(0x640005)
    This time no crash

Ran full backup to a new dir on c drive. Completed without errors!

One of Acronis's problems with TI9 is connected to previously existing partitions from what it appears to me but I am not sure about newly created partitions yet until I rerun the partitioning and backup. o_O

In the meantime, I am currently d'ldng the current build as Acronis's above posting. Will post back with results.

*****post note: I have just completed install of current build 2,247 (9) and proceeded to do the secure zone - recovery manager and partitioning - operation completed with some errors reported 5(0x640005) right off the start; the pc rebooted accordingly checking partitioning etc. Ran backup - received same error 5(0x640005). Removed "check archive after backup", redid backup - successful backup no errors.

The problem is in the Acronis Secure Zone right from the point of creation, as well as archiving and checking archive in the secure zone.

Acronis please respond?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  19. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Program crashes for me as well...

TI 9.0.2247, when attempting to make an image or backup files/folders, I get all the way to choosing a location to save the image to and when I click on "My Computer" to expand it so I can choose another drive, the program crashes every time.

I upgraded from 8.0 and will be going back to it... Could there be an issue installing TI 9 over TI 8? Should I uninstall 8 first?

Thanks

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5989/pic00018ow.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4509/pic00029su.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9311/pic00037du.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  20. antdeclan

hmmm...I installed the latest version per Acronis' advice (2247) - same problem. It's rather disconcerting that this apparently common issue was not identified during beta testing. And I am troubled that such a critical application is hanging like this. Hitherto, my experience with Acronis True Image has been (almost) flawless.

I hope the Acronis guys get this sorted, and soon.

21. JMS

JMS Guest

Having the same error on my laptop, and have been unable to perform directory/file backups.

22. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

No problems here. I have also upgraded to 9.0.2247 from 8.0. However, first I deleted the version 8.0 acronis secure zone, then uninstalled version 8.0. I then installed the upgrade to 9.0.2247..........so maybe give that a try. Good luck!

23. apex2000

apex2000 Guest

this is the exact same problem that i have experienced. never had a problem with TI before this.

24. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Well I uninstalled everything and cleaned out the registry of all acronis entries and then reinstalled TI 9.0.2247 and it still creates the error... I am at a loss. Its a shame that every time there is a new version of Acronis software, it is bug ridden. This software is beta at best.

25. dauphin

dauphin Registered Member

Acronis - please advise the status of this problem!
    This is a major issue which is completely unacceptable and you risk alienating many loyal customers whom you persuaded to invest in the upgrade to TI 9.0.

Would you at least advise whether the issue is actively being worked on, whether you have been able to replicate it, and whether you need any more information from affected users. If possible, of course, I would also like to know when we may expect a resolution!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.