Virus Chaser

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tsr, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsr

tsr Guest

Virus Chaser
    Just would like to share this with all the members. There are so many anti-virus software on the web today that I've been testing one thats relatively new. called Virus Chaser. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I'm impressed with its performance. Now I do have to say there are features that have to be added as the company is striving hard to perfect this as one of best in the near future. I thought you'd like to try it out. It has a trial period of 3 months which is much longer than the average shareware software today. Its detection capability is pretty darn good from what I've tested it against. OH yes what is really impressive is the automative update of the virus files which takes about 4 seconds flat!!! Yes....4 seconds flat....its complete scan of my C drive took about 12 minutes...and its can is quite unique that it unpacks the exe files to scan. Ok...see how you like it here is there web site to download
    http://www.virusdesk.com/nwi_en/index.htm

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

We've discussed this before, as its based around DrWeb! and its engine it should perform as well as DrWeb!, which isnt too shabby at all ;)

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Original thread here;

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=7269

Have had this on one of my computers for over 3 months, and have only just uninstalled it to make way for RAV.

My original comments stand. Overall, I would have liked the option of manually updating rather than the automatic downloading in the background, but this is only an option in their 'corporate edition'. In addition I found it very sensitive to any other AV/AT programs installed.

If you are desperate for a 'spidermail equivalent' you can download Dr Web's spidermail and place it in the VirusChaser folder. This will work.

Overall one to keep an eye on in the future. As stated previously, a Dr Web clone made by the same team, with a much more 'attractive GUI' and a faster scanner speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.